It's Time For Work!

Okay so I decided to just put the high ranking one since it's easier to picture lower rankings. And I already explained the outfit. The truth is I'm very anxious to start this chapter so I rushed for this marking. But this is really what I was going for. Anyways, on with the story!

I was already in the office, early the next morning. Diamond said Christina was usually always late so she would give me the tasks I had to do. "Okay, so here is the unoccupied desk." Diamond said rather excitedly. I had never taken much notice to the fact that Christina and Diamond were always smiling. "So basically, you tell the earpiece to listen into the other side of the wall and record things like appearance of this Anoch, vocal patterns, try to find emotions. The tests are run in front of the office so record what ranking he/she is, and most definitely record the answers to the questions. The testing does take a while so we see the same Anoch for one or two days. At the end of the day, send the files to Ms. Greystone's office where she analyzes them and makes conclusive information before storing it away with the rest of our reports."

I nod. "So how do I tell the earpiece to listen in?" Diamond gasps. I made a note to myself that she gasps a lot and to not ask too many questions. "Just think of it inside your head of course! The same thing with the lenses. Close your eyes and tell it to replay to whatever moment of the day you want to relive." I try it out, shutting my eyes and going back to this morning's breakfast.

"CareBot, prepare morning cereal and the vitamins." The vitamins were how we stayed fit since our CareBots took care of most of our things. It was our choice to take them and I preferred a healthy body. Sitting on the chair, I watched as the CareBot took out the milk and Corn Flakes. "24351 has asked for permission of teleportation."

"Permission granted." I saw with a spoonful of cereal in my mouth." Caitlin appears, seconds later and sits across from me. "Cereal." she orders her CareBot and it starts to prepare hers. "You ready for work today?" she asks with a smirk plastered on her face. "I must say you look the part." she looks over my jacket, her eyes widening. She flings herself over the table grabbing my key card which was prominently sticking out of my front jacket pocket. "Oh my god, you got a key card too! Look, it's your number and picture and your thumbprint. They must have gotten it from your records. I'm surprised it came in so fast. It usually takes 24 hours. Technology these days I tell you."

She returns it to me and I stuff it into my pocket again. "So did you learn anything yesterday? Spill. I want to know everything." I wince at her happy tone. I had never let Caitlin down and she had never let me down. When we were in high school, we always helped each other and if one of us got caught the other did two. We stuck to each other like glue. And now I would have to mess up her happy little bubble.

"I-I... I can't tell you anything. The office swore me to secrecy that any information I learned had to stay there." Caitlin frowned. "What about the office? You can tell me about that right?" She leans in with a hopeful smile. I could tell her about the people. But would that be in violation of the secrets. Because of this, we couldn't go through with the plan. If we tried to, she would be doing things blindly because I can't tell her why or what she's doing. She can't criticize my plans because everything I thought I knew about Anoch in the last ten years, I know twice as much in matter of hours. It was either I quit, or I fly solo with the plan.

"Well, there are all these really nice people?" I try. With that, her frown deepens. "What about what it looks like?" If I tell her that I saw an Anoch, she would squeeze the information out of me. She would ask me tons of questions that I would have to turn down. But with her, I could never say no. She would come up with all these excuses as to why I should tell her. If I didn't, would that be considered a lie? Would I let this go so far as to lie to my best friend? This is nonsense. The plan hasn't even gone anywhere yet. One white lie wouldn't hurt anyone. Especially Caitlin. I'd uphold the plan and still stay within the rules of my new job. I seriously had to stop overthinking things.