Epilogue

It's been a year since Ivana took me back to the labs. My memories of them were gone but they were more gruesome than I thought. When I wasn't being experimented on, they left me in a white washed room wearing a scratchy uniform with no doors or windows. And no way out. There was one window. It was one way glass which kept me from breaking out and going back to Ryker. The doctors could see me on the other side but all I saw was my sad reflection.

There was a cell next to me, similar in appearance and separated by large bars that were too close for me to move between them. No one was in that cell. No one had been in that cell since all the Anoch were removed and put back on their side. Ivana kept her promise.

I refused to let them take my ring and they said it would do me no harm if I kept it which kept a frown on Ivana's face. I could hear them on the other side of the glass. When I first arrived, they agreed that I had done my time as human and it was time for a new experiment.

They had been training me to become a weapon honed by Death. They hoped that with skills in combat mixed with my abilities, my mere presence could win wars. I'd never left this room unless they were training me. They were trying to make me flip between my Anoch skin and human skin. They claimed that I was still human somewhere. I didn't believe them.

Those memories were fake. I was born Anoch, raised Anoch and lived as a human. I had reclaimed my birthright. My skin was fully developed unlike when they began experimenting on me. There was no way to make me human again. And I was glad.

Never again did I want to be denied all the colors in this world or my abilities. Never again did I want to be kept from who I was. Never again would a blanket be thrown over my senses because of science.

Two burly guards each held a pane of glass and stood on either side of me. I'd gotten used to the drill the hard way. If I didn't comply they would close the glass on both sides of my body. I stood up and left the room while they continued to walk beside me. Ivana watched with her evil smile as they armed me for training.

I had destroyed more labs than I cared to admit. Hours upon hours spent on me learning how to kill which was impractical in case I wanted to turn on a doctor. I suppose Ivana told them I wouldn't because of the deal. So I willingly took the gun, pointed it at the target fifteen feet away from me and fired.

***

They returned me to my white room and the burly guards left. It was just me and my sad reflection. I spent my time flicking my eyes between colors. They taught me how to control my powers. Something that was more for their benefit than mine. I thought of Ryker. My eyes became dark brown like they were when I met him. I thought about seeing the glass in his leg. My eyes were red. I thought about Thomas confiding in me. My eyes turned silver. And so, my thoughts were displayed explicitly through my eyes. Their default color happened to be gold. I liked gold in my eyes.

I heard an alarm a short distance away and rose to my feet. My eyes were red. I listened to the doctors on the other side screaming frantically. I closed my eyes picking out one of the voices, trying to hold on to a conversation.

"It's male."

"A male Anoch on this side of the wall?"

"What is an Anoch doing in the lab?"

"Is it a high rank?"

"I can't tell from the cameras. He's practically destroying everything in his way."

"How does he know where to go?"

"Zoom in there."

They must've been looking through security cameras. What was an Anoch doing here? Unless Ivana never kept her promise. My eyes turned a darker shade of red. Blood red.