Spectrala's End

*UNEDITED*

His wrists were held to the ceiling by a long cord, disabling movement. He was on his knees, his pants torn in some areas matted with blood. He couldn't run even if he wanted to. Did the Anoch heal faster than humans? Did they feel less pain? I wish they did. And to think it was this organization, my organization, the one I'm working for that put him in this position. And I would be the one to send him to the Speriat house. He hadn't looked up yet. The glass made his breathing sound louder. Diamond glared from across the room. 

I gulped. It wasn't me behind that glass tube. It wasn't me on my knees with bruises. It wasn't me too close to glass. There was no seat this time. I crossed my arms, tensing my shoulder and braced myself to begin questioning. "Today's topic is-" I froze. No, that's not possible. Ivana wouldn't do it. She couldn't! 

"Today's topic is escape routes." How could Ivana possibly think anyone would understand this conversation? She clearly hadn't taken the rest of the office into account. She wasn't subtle in her attempt to try and hurt me... or him. "It is known that you have been here in the past. You were questioned and moved downstairs. Tell us how you got out." Ryker's eyes bore into mine. They weren't as dark as mine. They were a shade of electric blue. I feel the shocks sparking at the base of my skull from the intensity of his stare. 

"I don't remember. The person who gave me the dosage must have given me too little." He responds. His words were so detached and so far away as he was purely focused on me. I wring my hands together and twist the ring nervously. He catches sight of it but doesn't show anything. Was he mad that I was here? Afraid? "The tracker was already injected once you woke up." I confirmed. He simply nodded. 

"How did you manage to break out of the cage?" He shrugs. "The door was unlocked. I made it back to the other side but when I tried to come back the tracker had another serum in it." he explained. 

"So no one helped you break out? You didn't suspect anything?" He shook his head. "Tell me, do you think you'll leave Omega this time?" A muscle in his jaw ticked. There was something between a head nod and shake of his head. I deemed it was enough. But the job wasn't done. 

"Is there anyone on this side of the wall that will help you break out now?" My breathing hitched. "What do you mean?" It was in that moment that I finally realized what the serum administered before testing did. It was a truth serum and he knew it. It would only be a matter of time before he told the office who I was. And he was trying to find a way out of it. 

"Do you have an inside source or a human that will help you?" He stares at me for what seems like an eternity searching my eyes for an answer, an escape. "Yes." As expected, Christina and Diamond instantly began whispering to each other for a matter of five seconds before slapping the other's arm and shutting up. Probably because they thought Ryker could hear them. "Is this source Spectrala?" He seemed both relieved and distressed. It was a complicated emotion or emotions that were passing through him darkening his features and shadowing his skin. It made me think of grey storm clouds swirling over his cheeks, the thunder in his voice, the lightning in his eyes. 

"Yes." he says breathlessly. He sags down before the cord bounding his wrists yanks him back up. "Do you know who Spectrala is?" He nods again. Even more whispers and slapping. I could only imagine the looks the workers behind the glass were exchanging. "Spectrala is the ghost girl." And with that, there were no more questions for me to ask and no more answers he had to provide. He was injected, he passed out and two burly guards lifted him and 'accidentally' bumped him against the glass. There was a hissing sound as his skin opened up and sizzled as if his flesh were burned. Smoke curled from the wound and fat drops of blood slid down his neck as they carried him out.