Chapter three- the weight of the world

Okay, well 11 reads last time I checked whoop yay! Hopefully as the story gets a little less boring I'll get more, but who knows.

Chapter three- the weight of the world

The dreaded day had come. I dragged myself off of my warm bed and shuffled into the bathroom, avoiding the mirror and shredding my clothes, jumping into the shower. It lasted for about 10 minutes, and I was reluctant to get out, but I got out, wrapping a towel around my waist. I brush my teeth in the mirror and cringe at my face. Man, was I ugly. My hair, damp from the shower was lying across my face, and my pale skin seemed even whiter this morning. Once I was sure my teeth were clean, I went back to my room.

I slip on a pair of boxers and rummage through my dresser for something to wear. I came across some dark-wash demin jeans and a black sweater. After I manage to get my pants to stay up on my frail hips, I brushed my hair out. It looked horrible and a bit stringy, so I reach into a drawer and pulled out a gray beanie and slip it on my head. Not satisfied one bit with how I looked, I turn and sit on my bed, sighing. Today was surely going to be hell. I didn't know anyone. And no one knows me. But I had 40 minutes to get there, and I had to walk because my mom was at work. Sliding on my old worn Toms, I head out of the apartment with my bag over my shoulder and my newly found IPod in my hand.

It was freezing outside. Once again, I cursed myself for not grabbing my jacket, but I was already outside. So, I pulled my arms around myself and trudged down the steep stair way to the sidewalk. Switching the music on, I started listening to a band I'd never heard of. Apparently, they were the one of the best, because the playlist was titled 'my favs'. But I didn't really care much for the whiny voice of the singer. I looked at the title of the band. Pierce the Veil. What a stupid name, what a stupid song. But, I didn't change it. Instead, I walked, putting one foot in front of the other, seeing the school building coming up in the distance.

***

If there was ever a moment when I thought I'd at least a little bit think school was going to be different, that thought was long gone now. There were so many glares. I don't know why. I wore clothes that hid my body, and I wasn't that noticeable. But there they were, and I hung my head down low, making it to my first class of the day, homeroom. The class wasn't very full, just a couple people sitting in desks and in the corner, two people, a boy and a girl. The boy, who was tall, was laughing. His dirty blonde hair hanging down in his eyes. He had a lean figure and dressed like he was a model. The girl was shorted. Her black dyed hair was in a bun and she was leaning into the guy, like she was under a spell. She wore a very short skirt and a tank top. Now, I don't know why, since it was 20 freaking degrees outside, but it sure looked uncomfortable from here. I sit down at the very last seat in the back of the class and put my head on the desk, waiting for it to be over.

The hour passed by agonizingly slows, but when it was over, I got up and practically ran out of the room, looking at my slip of paper to see my next class. "Hey, you're that new kid, right?" Someone asked me. I turned around, and it was the guy that I saw. He was more intimidating up close and I nervously looked at my hands. "Uh, yeah," I said. He laughed. 'Well, hi, I'm Shane." I looked up at him and blushed a little. Dammit, why was I such a wuss? "I'm Zander." He nodded. "Are you from another country, you sort of have an accent."

I stared at him in wonder. I'd always thought, even when I lived in America when I was younger, my accent was pure American even though my mother's accent was a very deep English accent. "Um, I moved here from London." I say. He nodded. "Oh, I traveled there two years ago for my AP Literature class. It's really beautiful there." I nodded. "Yeah, it's a great place." He took the slip of paper out of my hand. "We have all of our classes together," He said after a minute. I nodded. "Well, shall we go to class before we're late?" I nodded nervously and followed him as he wove through the crowd of teenagers. I got bumped into and shoved a bit, but I tried my hardest to keep up.