Chapter six-Date night (part one)

Well look at this, i'm uploading today too, whoo hoo. So, this is split into two parts because I don't know why but yeah, enjoy :)

Chapter six-Date night (part one)

The next week, Shane talked my ear off, but that's okay because I loved to hear him talk. He got lost in his own words, like he was reliving what happened. He was what I call a great story teller. He told me about a party he went to in July, were he'd gotten semi-not-really-drunk and made out with a semi-not-really-hot boy. I didn't really understand what he was saying, since I'd never been to a party myself, but I take it that it was a lot of fun. Then he told me about his internet friends. He said he even got to meet one of them in real life. Her name is Jessica and I guess he really likes her judging from the amount of times I'd heard her name on his lips.

By lunch time on Friday, he was making plans for him and I to see a movie. I really didn't like watching movies in movie theaters and told him that, but he told me to shut up. "I just don't understand why a movie theater is the only option," I told him, picking at my cuticles. "Dude, I told you about that movie," He said. "Yeah, but it sounds boring, and you've seen it. Twice. Remember?" I told him. He shrugged. "Third times a charm. I don't know, maybe I'll get to fully check out-"

"Please, no more gayness." I said, holding up my hand. He laughed at me "Yeah, sure, after you," I rolled my eyes. "For the hundredth time, I'm straight. As straight as a pole." He laughed again. "A pole that's been run into." Kicking him under the table, I changed the subject from my sexuality. "Why do you want me to go with you to a movie anyway?" I asked. He shrugged. "It's obviously not for your attitude," He muttered. "What's wrong with my attitude?" I asked him, watching as he took another bite of pizza. I wondered how he did it. "I don't know, maybe the good side of it is hiding out in the closet, sort of like you." He shot at me. "I. Am. Not. Gay." I told him. "Then come with me to the movies." I furrowed my eyebrows. "But... you're asking me to go on a date with you to prove I'm straight?" He nodded. "Ultimate test." I shook my head, looking around. Our table was in the back corner, and everyone stayed away from it. I liked it, though. It was quiet, and plus, I got Shane all to myself. Wait, no. I'm not gay. I don't care about Shane.

"You never told me why you were in such a rotten mood on Monday." He mused. I shrugged, "Yes I did. You didn't believe me." He glared at me, and I smiled. "What?" He just kept glaring. "Everyone knows you don't have a fucking pet, much less a suicidal one." I laughed at his expression. "Okay, okay, my mom grounded me, she found out I wasn't taking my antidepressants, she found out I didn't stop smoking, and I cried in front of her." He frowned. "Aww, I'm sorry." He said. I nodded, "yeah, whatever." I mumbled. "It's much better that a cat that hurled itself out of the window." I laughed. "Can I at least get creative points because I came up with that on the spot?" He rolled his eyes. "You can get stupidity points because it was so stupid."

I saw a guy walking towards us. "Who is that?" I asked Shane. He looked up. I watched as he set his jaw and rolled his eyes. "Nobody." He mutters as the guy approached the table. "What's up, Shaney?" He asked. Oh my god, he was gay too, I could tell. Oh god, did I have a gaydar? I shot a confused look at Shane, but he just ate his pizza grudgingly. The guy looked over at me. "Hey, I'm Connor, who are you?" He asked. "Uh... I'm Zander..." I said. He laughed and looked at Shane. "Are you fucking kidding me? You're hanging out with this girl instead of me?" He asked. Shane glared at him. "Shut up! You are such a whore, you know that? Did you not know that I would smell her on you? Fucking asshole!" The guy pulled the chair from under the table and sat down heavily. "I had to, she was coming onto me, and she was sort of my girlfriends, you were the one that I was sneaking around with." He said, reaching for Shane's hand, but Shane smacked it away from him. I sighed, causing both of them to look at me. Conner spoke up first, "Leave, girl scout." He said. I stood up, with the full intent to go, but Shane glared. "No, stay." I started to sit again, but Conner told me to leave again. "No, whatever you have to say to me can be said in front of my new boyfriend."