Chapter 9

They spent most of the day cleaning house getting ready for their guest. They had music blaring throughout the house.

Avi was dancing a crazy jig with the vacuum cleaner and Kirstie was doing a clumsy two-step while dusting. They even did a not so elegant tango thru the house. As the song ended Avi dipped her causing her to squeal and they both burst into laughter.

He raised her back up holding her by her waist so she could get steady on her feet again. She hugged him around the neck with every intention of it being just a friendly hug. But he tightened his grip around her pulling her closer to him, burying his face into her neck. She felt herself melting in his arms.

'What is going on here,' she thought to herself, 'am I falling for this good looking , goofy dead guy.'

She felt him place a light kiss on her neck that sent shivers down her spine.

And as if on cue, there was a knock on the door.

"Damn it." Avi mumbles near her neck causing her to giggle.

"That must be the guys." She says heading toward the door.

"Wait," Avi says grabbing her by the arm, "Remember, they can't see or hear me so don't be talking to me. They will think you're crazy."

"Gotcha", she says just to be grabbed again.

"OH! And don't let them break any of my dragon stuff." he adds.

"O.K.! Can I get the door now?" She says rolling her eyes.

"Yea, O.K., Sorry." He says pouting. She couldn't resist the chance to pinch his cheek before turning around to open the door.

"Well, It's about time." Mitch complained, handing her a bottle of wine. "A house-warming gift."

"I was a little pre-occupied," she said glancing over at a smirking ghost. "and Thank-you for the wine."

"Wow, this place is nice, Kirst." Scott said, giving her a hug.

"Yea, it is. I love log homes." Kevin added also giving her a hug.

"I'm not too sure about this decor tho." Mitch said looking around wrinkling his nose.

"WHAT!!!" Avi screams, "Cocky isn't he."

Kirstie bites her bottom lip to keep from laughing.

"Looks kind of Gothic with all this dragon stuff. Kind of depressing." Mitch added.

"WELL, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM A DEAD GUY!!!" Avi screams in Mitch's face.

Kirstie pinches the bridge of her nose, 'This is not going well at all' she thought to herself.

"Oh, I don't know. I kind of like it. It's different." Scott says looking around.

"SEE!! SEE!!" Avi screams in Mitch's face again pointing at Scott, "NOT EVERYONE IS AN ASSHOLE!!!"

"Let me show you guys the patio and the pool," Kirstie says quickly walking toward the sliding doors. She had to get Mitch out of the house to give Avi time to cool down.

They walked out to the pool, discussing all the parties they could have. Kirstie looked around to see Avi standing sadly just inside the door watching her. She smiled at him, he smiled back and winked at her.

"Come on guys," she says walking back inside the house, "Ya'll are just going to die when you see this basement."

"Bad choice of words," Avi whispers in her ear.

_____________________________________________________

ENJOY!!

PLEASE!!! Let me know what you think and PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!

** AMERICA!! **