Chapter 31

** WARNING**- This chapter is Avi telling about his death. May be a little gory for some.

_____________________________________________________

Avi starts to tell Eddie his story. "Well, I had decided to go to bed early that night because of the tournament. I wanted to be well rested.

Sometime during the night, I'm not even sure what time it was, the sound of breaking glass woke me up.

I got up, got my pistol and slipped out into the hallway. I stopped at the top of the stairs to listen.

Then I heard someone clear their throat behind me as if to get my attention. (Kirstie takes him by the hand) I turned around but before I had time to react, they shoved me.

The next thing I knew, I was laying at the bottom of the stairs. Pain shot through my body. It was so bad I couldn't even move. I did manage to open my eyes and saw two people coming down the stairs toward me. I knew they weren't done with me.

One was laughing and the other one was carrying a baseball bat. The one that was laughing told the other one to 'finish me off'. He raised the bat and slammed it into my head. The first blow did the job.

You know in the movies, when a person dies, how they raise up out of their bodies and can watch whats going on? That's exactly what happened. I raised up out of my body and watched.

I watched the bastard bash my head three more times. While the other clapped and laughed like some lunatic.

Eddie, I saw the same thing you did. I saw myself lying in a pool of blood. My face and head bashed. Not even recognizable. (Eddie and Kirstie both wipes tears) And I still see it sometimes. That's why I jump from that step.

Then they both laugh and give each other a high-five. So proud of what they just did. Then they walk out like nothing ever happen.

Then everything begin to get foggy. It got so foggy that I couldn't even see my hand in front of my face. What seemed to me like a few minutes was actually a couple of months. The fog cleared and I was standing in my bedroom.

I didn't know I was dead. I thought that I had just had a very bad nightmare.

I saw a couple of ladies in my closet, throwing all my clothes in garbage bags. I shouted at them asking them what they thought they were doing. But they never answered me. By now I was pretty pissed off. So I reached out to grab one of them by their arm demanding to know what they were doing. My hand went right through their arm.

I thought to myself, this is one hell of a nightmare. Why ain't I waking up. I glanced over to a mirror, I had no reflection. I ran out to the steps and there was no body and no blood.

That's when I realized that it wasn't a dream. I was really dead.

I can't ever leave this house. If I try, I will no longer exist. No soul, no nothing. My soul is not at rest, that's why I'm still here. In order for me to cross over, my murderers would have to be found guilty in a court of law and punished for their crime. Which truthfully, I hope never happens."

WHAT!!??" Eddie asked confused. "I don't understand. Avi, why wouldn't you want them to pay for what they did to you?"

"Oh, don't get me wrong, Eddie. I do want them to pay. And pay dearly, just not by a 'court of law'. You see, I don't want to cross over. I'm very happy here. (squeezing Kirstie's hand) They had put the house up for sale. So many people came to look at it. This was my house, and I didn't want to have to live here with someone that I didn't like. So I would scare them away. Then one day I heard a car door slam. I looked out the window and saw a beautiful Angel standing in the yard. Right then I knew, THAT'S THE ONE."

________________________________________________________

If you liked this story PLEASE VOTE and LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS!!!!

Also PLEASE CHECK OUT MY NEW BOOK "PATCHES"!!

**  AMERICA!!  **