|| Child's Play || Chapter 5

I understand that I'm not perfect. I made mistakes and I had a hand in everything that's happened to me, good and bad.

~Dwayne Wade

||Alisson's POV||
Funplex Apartments
1:00 AM

We had won the dance battle just as I expected. We were awarded with drinks. After we had them, I told them I had to get back to my crib, because I was feeling tired. All that dancing can take the life right out of you.

"I guess I'll see you at work tomorrow?" Chris asked.

"Yeah." I smiled and jogged back to my apartment, replaying every moment of tonight.

****
11:07AM
Sunday, August 26, 2012

The next morning, I woke up with a slight headache. I got up, did my hygiene thing, and made my way to the kitchen to be greeted by Tamar.

"Hey boo." She said smiling.

"Hey." My voice came out groggy.

"Well somebody definitely needs some breakfast." Tamar giggled.

"Well what you makin'?" I asked.

"I made pancakes, eggs, bacon, and a biscuit if you want." She explained.

"Give it to me woman!" I said sitting down waiting for my plate.

That's part of the reason I love Tamar, she puts up with silliness and my childish ways. We've been friends since my 3rd grade year. She's the one that stayed when everybody else left me. That's why she's the one on this trip with me, because she believed me when nobody else did. Nobody else thought that I would barely get through the audition doors. They didn't expect me to get that far, but Tamar did.

"You good babe?" Tamar said looking me in my eyes.

"Yeah, just fine." I smiled.

"So what happened with you and Chris last night?" Tamar said raising her eyebrow.

I laughed, fighting a blush, "Nothing much really.."

"You sure? You look a little flustered to me." Tamar said licking her lips.

I went on and told her everything that happened last night. Even the parts where Chris got all snuggly. I told her how we killed it in the club. Then I told her about his friends. I didn't leave out any single detail, because she's the only thing I got.

"Girl..., Tamar said slapping my thigh, "That boy like you."

"Nahh Tamar you trippin'. I just met the guy." I said shaking my head.

"Am I?" Tamar said, making me think it over.

"You know I'm right." Tamar winked and I left to go get ready for work.

****

I drove our rented Altima to the dance studio. I was really excited for my first day of work. I decided on wearing a blue T-shirt with jean joggers and blue Pumas. My wavy hair was in a messy bun. Not your typical work day outfit, but for a dancer you know I thought I looked pretty cute.

I walked through the doors and made my way to elevator to Chris' floor. His floor was 6A. One of the higher floors of the facility. When I made it to the level, I walked to the dance studio door. I opened the door, and I watched as Chris worked on his what looked like a perfected technique.

"One and..two!" Chris shouted at himself.

"Three, four..." He shouted again.

"Five...you can come in Ally." Chris said smirking.