Chapter 6

This one's a little poetic, so sorry if you just wanted to get on with the story. Deal with it! It also has a small bit of smut, but it's almost nothing. Happy reading, and don't forget to comment your thoughts!

Jack's POV

The dark of night had crept up our band of misfits, leaving our souls driving along the ocean in the passing glints of streetlights and the stars as our guides. The tides pushed and pulled as if controlled by strings, the water the moon's puppet. The boards of the approaching dock flowed together in harmony with the closing night, the moonlight's edge illuminating the horizon and giving the world a silver lining. The beauty of the night was calming, yet my blood was hot with exhilaration for the chase and the catch. I took the sight in with an inhale, and let my feelings out with an exhale. This was it. Freedom was at my heels, and I was ready to hit the ground running.

Hiccup's POV

I watched his moonlit edges gaze upon the nightfall's glory, his now face focused dead ahead, his silver skin cold under my hand, his diamond hair shaking slightly in the breeze. The scene before us was nothing compared to him, the view weak to his stunning eyes, cerulean sea dark in the black night sky. The only thing I could hear was his breath, heavy with determination. I knew then that I would be ready for anything, because he was there with me. Free or trapped, alive or dead, right or wrong, it didn't matter. I had my man in the moon, and that was enough.

Jack's POV

We drove up to the dock, and I looked at the fleet of small motorboats, ready to leave the dock. Each one had just enough space for a small room, a front deck, and a cockpit. I almost couldn't believe I was doing this. If I was still the person I was a mere month ago, I would've turned away a from anything like this in a heartbeat. But I've changed, and I think it's for the better. And it's all thanks to Hiccup.

Hiccup's POV

I looked at Jack and nodded, getting a smile in return. His smile still made my heart skip even now. I remember when we first met, my heart cold and closed off, his shy and weak. But now his was strong, and mine was open, and we were ready.

Jack's POV

"Merida and Hans, take the boat farthest to the right. Elsa and Astrid, take the one next to it. Abigail and I will take the second most to the left, and Jack and Hiccup, you two take the one farthest to the left. Got it?" Cass planned. We all nodded in full agreement.

"Good luck everyone!" Abigail whispered loudly, and we all scattered, not looking back once. Hiccup and I crept onto the boat, lifting the door to the underbelly of the small ship. We tiptoed down the stairs into the dark room, using our small flashlights we had grabbed from the truck to illuminate the space. We heard the driver start the boat just as we had closed the hatch, and I let out a huge sigh of relief. Hiccup smiled and hugged me, pulling me down to the floor of the boat. I laughed as he kissed my forehead and my neck, his lips soft and inviting. I looked at him between kisses, smiling wide and laughing with giddy.

Hiccup's POV

I nuzzled my head into his neck, feeling his chest vibrate with his laughter. I looked up at him and smirked playfully, getting and eye roll in return. I countered with a kiss, my lips tasting his, frostbite to firebrand. He smiled genuinely and whispered a small "I love you" before I kissed him again, feeling the laughter on his lips, joy radiating from his body. He said it again, and I said it back, my arms braced on the floorboards, holding him underneath me. His hands were above his head, his hair messy and young, our legs in between each other's, his cool and my heat blending seamlessly. We stayed that way for a moment, just with each other there, both of us happy in the presence of one another. He smiled and a rush went through my body, his smile turning to a smirk, his hand running through his hair.

Jack's POV

We were like magnets that night, inseparable, unbreakable. The boy of the sun and the man in the moon, our bodies together, both as one, alone together.