Chapter 10: The Storm

Before I start this chapter, it's important to state: the events that went down were mostly my plan that I planned with the Minerva kids (yes I know, Minerva doesn't have any kids. I say the Minerva kids by force of habit), but some things were not planned. I never planned- well you'll see.

        So it was the fourth day, AKA war day. I was in a private cabin reviewing my plan to the exact detail. I was stressing about things that might go wrong, or things the enemy might expect. 

        "It could go wrong. Easily. What hope do we have if this doesn't work?" I asked Nikole behind me, while marking spots on the map. She was working in the black smithery, then she walked in front of me, holding out a newly made sword. She handed it to me, and I swung it in the air. It was a surprisingly good sword.

        "I don't know much about war. Nothing, actually. But we can't make things go our way. We have to deal with everything we get thrown at us. But that doesn't mean we can't have good. Do you remember the prison I was in? I was blessed by your coming. And you were able to fend off a Titan Lord. You planned the defense even though the odds are against us massively. But what it comes down to is the plan, and we've got you.  A master Roman Tactician. We have the fort. And you must come back to me," she said, about to kiss me.

       I pushed her away, still mourning Sarah. I pulled out a box from under the table. She was frowning from what I said, but I was too preoccupied to notice at that moment. I opened the box and pulled out a two sided dagger, and handed it to her.

        "This is Athena's dagger. She has given it to me and poisoned the blades with Titan's bane, which will take his powers. Should I fall, it should not be given to the hands of the enemies, so I'll come ask for it if I see Krios," I told her, then started to walk out of the cabin. Nikole was frowning. I looked back, smiled, then walked out. My troops were waiting. I walked up on a box I could find, in front of them.

        "We've reviewed the plans. All of you know it well. Now the fight comes. They have a 45:1 advantage. Does that scare me? No! That just means each one of you better kill forty-five damn monsters! STATIONS!" I yelled, they cheered, and went either to the front gates or to the sea gates.

        I myself went to the sea gate for the first part of my plan. I climbed the ladders and joined the archers. A cliff was on each side of the water, and if you looked closely, you could see an indent in the cliff side.

        We waited for a long, long time. The boy next to me was trembling. 

       "You scared, boy?" I asked him. He nodded. 

       "What's your name?" 

        "Michal," he stammered.

        "And wh-" my sentence was interrupted by drumming. I turned around and looked to the sea, but it was all foggy. 

        "Archers!" I yelled. All the archers on the wall held their fire to the distance, waiting for my call to fire. The drumming got louder and louder and louder. 

        Then it came. The first ship. Then a second and third joined its side, with a fourth fifth and sixth slightly visible behind it.

         "Wait for it...." I said to a Vulcan child behind me. He was signaling Vulcan kids further in the distance. The ships got closer, and then the bows crossed the indent in the cliffsides. 

        "Now!" I yelled, the Vulcan boy symboled, and suddenly in the distance, two walls came out of the cliffs and slammed shut on the boats, forming another wall. Then, the dam started spraying acid on the other ships.