Chapter 23

~Thursday~

>Jessica's POV & thoughts<

"Hayes Truth or dare?" I asked him.

"Um truth."

"Okay. Would there be anyone else that you would rather have to share a room with instead of me?" I tried to act sad about it, but I couldn't keep my smile from forming.

He laughed and said, "Of course not. If I didn't have you, I'd want a room to myself. I hate these guys."

I laughed at him and he gave me a hug.

The game continued on until Matt asked me, "So u, Jessica. Truth or dare?"

He asked me like he was nervous about something. And I'm glad that he doesn't have to sday 'Your mom says' anymore. It was really aggravating me.

I didn't have anything to prove to them so I picked truth.

"Truth."

 "Is there any way you would be able to forgive any of us, or at least out of all o fus who would you forgive the most?" He asked sounding desperate for an answer.

I tilted my head slightly to the left and said, "That's two questions. You can only ask one, and answer one. You can't ask two and expect two answers.  That's not how the game goes."

He just looked at me.

"Okay then. Out of all of us that bullied you -which we are extremely sorry for- who would you forgive the most?"

All of the boys stared at me and awaited my answer as I looked down at myself and gasped. They were confused as I stood up and walked over to my suitcase, and then into the bathroom.

I had been wearing the same clothes since yesterday. I changed my outfit in the bathroom.

*Jessica's Outfit*

~Black high waisted shorts from Charlotte Russe.

~White crop top with daisies from Forever 21.

I took my hair out of the French braids and it fell down on my shoulders with bouncy curls.

I walked out of the bathroom with my old clothes barefoot which exposed my coral painted toes.

The boys just stared at me the whole time as I put my old clothes back in my suitcase and sat back down in my spot next to Hayes.

"What was that about?" Aaron asked me.

"I was wearing the same clothes since yesterday. That's just gross. And plus it's lie, 12:00 in the afternoon. If I didn't change I just..: I shuddered in disgust.

"So Jessica, what's your answer to the truth?" Matt asked.

I could tell that they were hanging on my every word waiting for my response, but to be honest, I really did not know.  I thought about it for a few seconds, and looked up to face all of te boys.

"You. I would forgive you Matt." I said flatly.

The other boys were shocked in response.

"But, why me?" He stuttered.

"Yeah, why him? Taylor asked looking angry.

I was getting annoyed.

"Do you not know the rules of this game? You can only ask one question on a truth, so do not ask me if it is not your turn."

I looked around the room and saw blank faces.

"Truth or dare Taylor?" I asked facing his direction.

"T-Truth." He stuttered.

"Why do you ask questions knowing that you won't get an answer since you didn't ask me?"

"Because I wanted to know why out of all of us, you would pick Matt."

I shrugged.

"Well, it looks like you're going to have to wait to get an answer from me then."

It was Taylor's turn and he tried to ask me 'Truth or Dare' but I told him that he could not ask me if I just asked him. He looked irritated.

"Carter, Truth or Dare?"

"Dare."

"I dare you to ask Jessica why she forgives Matt."

"No Problem." Carter said without hesitation.

He faced me.

"Jessica, why do you forgive Matt, and not any of us other guys?"

"I never said that I forgive him. But my options were limited, so out of all of you, I pick him. And I didn't have to answer this question because it wasn't my dare. So you're welcome for being nice. Anyways, I would choose Matt because when I think back to it, he never physically hurt me like others did."

I looked over to Nash then turned back to Carter.

"But the verbal abuse was pretty bad, but not as terrible as all of the other boys. And the only time I really remember him and his verbal abuse was that time in Calculus." I said with no expression on my face.

The room was filled with silence.