Chapter 2

The best part of everyday is at the end of the school day. Then you get to go home and chill out and not have to do anything for a few hours if you’ve already finished your homework.

“How about we all go to a movie tonight?” asks Chase.

“But what about our Friday movie night tomorrow?” asks Velvet.

“We can do that too.”

“I'm in.” says Andrew.

“Me too.” Jocelyn and I say simultaneously.

“Jinx you owe me a soda!” I shout at her. She pulls the half bottle of coke out of her back pack and hands it to me.

“There, you are paid off.” I take a sip, scrunch up my nose, and hand it back to her.

“It’s warm. I don’t want it.”

“You are too picky.” She shakes her head and replaces it in her bag.

“So it’s a date. We are going to see The Perks of Being a Wallflower.  Meet me there at 7:30.” We all continue walking down the sidewalk to our neighborhood. What’s the point of driving a car to school when gas costs so much now and we live five minutes away?

“You got it.” I say. He waves goodbye as he walks up his driveway. It’s amazing how we all live so close. With groups of friends it’s sometimes hard to say that.

“Do we all have our homework done?” I ask.

“Yeah” “yes” “yup”

“So who is going to be the chauffer for tonight?” asks Andrew.

“I will.” Volunteers Jocelyn. “I’ll pick you all up around seven. Starting with

Fate ‘cause she’s right next door. Then I’ll get you two.”

“Sounds fair enough.” says Andrew.

“See you later alligator.” I tell Velvet as she steps off the sidewalk and walks up her porch stairs.

“After a while crocodile.” she smiles and opens her door.

One street over and two houses in and I am walking to my door. Andrew follows me but Jocelyn just goes to the next house and punches in the code for her garage door to open.

“Do you want something to eat?” I ask him. He drops his bag off by the shoe rack and follows me into the kitchen. I set mine on a bar stool and he occupies the other one.

“Can you make me some Spaghetti O’s?”

“I guess.” I go to the cupboard and pull out a can. The electric can opener makes a loud sound as it digs into the metal top and opens the saucy goodness. I dump it in a bowel, put a lid with holes over it, and place it in the microwave. I press the 2 and the microwave starts up for two minutes. As it cooks I leave the kitchen with my backpack and go up the stairs to my bedroom. It’s the second door on the left.

I drop the bag on my deck chair and kick off my shoes. Then I brush through my wind tangled hair and put it up in a messy bun on the top of my head.

“Do you want any?” Andrew shouts up to me.

“I’ll have a bite. Just give me a minute.” I call out to him. I look in my mirror above my dresser, wipe off the smudged part of my eye liner with a tissue and then leave my room, closing the door behind me. My cat Mittens runs between my legs and smacks her face into the closed door. Stupid cat.

Back in the kitchen I see Andrew hunched over his bowel eating the soup like it’s his last meal.

“Do I get a bite?” I ask sarcastically.

“Oh sorry.” He pushes the bowel over to where I have placed myself on the second bar stool. I take a bite and chew. He reaches to take the bowel back and I quickly take another spoonful before he snatches the spoon from my hand and fake pouts.

“Mine.” I laugh at his knitted eyebrows and frowny face. I push myself away from the counter, take his now empty bowel, place it in the sink and fill it with water.

“Let’s go.” I drag him to the living room and we sit down in front of the TV.

“Is there any new shows that I haven’t seen that you recorded?” he asks.

“Castle.” I turn on the TV and search through our DVR shows until I find the one I am looking for. I press play and we sit back and get comfortable as we watch.

Troy’s POV

“So baby, I was thinking you should come over tonight.” Cameron runs her fingers up my chest as I lean against the lockers after school.

“I can't. I have hockey practice.” I check out a girl as she walks by and Cameron notices. She glares at the girl and stands on her tiptoes to kiss me.

“Are you sure I can't change your mind?” She takes a hold of my hand and begins walking backwards to the girl’s bathroom. I let her lead me in there and to the stall. She locks the door behind us.

“I'm sure.”

“Then I guess we’ll have to do it here.” And with that she begins kissing me roughly.