Chapter 14

Troy comes around the corner with a guard escorting him.

“You’re bail is paid.” The guard tells us.

“What is your relation with these girls?” he asks Troy.

“Does it matter?” I ask out loud. Before the guard has time to answer Troy says,

“The blonde one is my girlfriend and the brunette one is her friend.”

He smirks at me and I scowl.

“I hope to never have to see you girls in here again. Am I clear?” The guard gives us a stern look before unlocking the barred door and setting us free.

“Yes sir.”

“You are very lucky to have a boyfriend who will bail you out at this hour of the night.”

“Yes… very lucky.” I say sourly.

We all leave the building and get into Troy’s car. I am not allowed to get mine until tomorrow morning.

“Will you drop me off in the morning to get my car?” I ask him. Jocelyn lies down across the back seat and I buckle up in the front.

“I guess but your bill is ringing up.”

“Huh?”

“I'm going to need some favors in return.”

“You can have one and I told you I'd pay you back for bail.”

“I don’t care about the money.”

“Then what exactly do you want?”

“I don’t know right now but when I think of something I’ll tell you.”

I groan. “Nothing sexual.” I think for a minute. “Or illegal.”

“I have a girlfriend. Don’t flatter yourself.”

“Whatever.” I gaze out the window and slowly my eyes close. The next thing I know we are parked out in front of my house. Jocelyn isn’t in the back anymore.

“Where’s Jocelyn?”

“I just dropped her off a few minutes ago. You should go inside and go to bed.”

“Where are you going?”

“I’ll follow you in.”

“I don’t want to move.” I say groggily. I unbuckle and lay sideways on the seat of his pick up. The crown of my head is touching his thigh.

“Just get up. You can't sleep out here.”

“Who says?”

“I do. Some person could come and steal you in the middle of the night and then I’d get blamed for leaving you alone.”

“Who cares? Just go inside and wake me up in the morning.” He sighs and opens his door. When he is out and the door is shut behind him I stretch out some more until my head hits the door. I settle in thinking he actually listened to me for once when the passenger door opens. A cool breeze blows in and goose bump rise on my skin.

“What are you doing?” I ask.

“Taking you to bed.” He grabs my ankles and pulls me to him. My eyes fly open.

“Taking me to bed? That better not be a come on.” I am dragged out and into his arms. He kicks the door shut with his foot and hits the lock button on his keys.

“It’s not. But you are being stubborn and I don’t want a human popsicle in my car by morning.”

“You left my purse in the car.” I say as I struggle to stay awake. I burry my face in his shoulder with my arms around his neck as he carries my bridal style to my front door.

“You can get it when I take you to pick up your car.”

“Fine.” My eyes close and I don’t pay attention as he opens the door and brings me inside. I don’t know how he is opening and closing things with me in his arms but he is and it seems like he is a super hero… sort of.

“How can you lock doors while holding me?” I ask as I hear the lock click into place.

“Lots of practice.”

“Drunk girls?”

“More or less.”

“Did you rape them?”

 He stops walking.

“I'm not about that life.”

 I give a soft chuckle. “Good.”

 I am laid gently on my bed and my shoes are removed, along with my jacket. He pulls the comforter over my body and then I hear him settle in on the air mattress.

“Thanks.” I tell him.

“Sure thing.” We both fall asleep after that.

please vote and comment :) it would mean a lot to me