Beth's journal - July 23 2015

I just got off the phone with my general contractor for the renovation of the house. His name is Jimmy and he's gonna past by today so I could tell him what I want to do with the house.

I have slept in the master chamber in the mansard part of the second floor. In a canopy bed... OK, the drapes really sting and the mattress... But its a canopy bed! Wow! First personal project is to buy a new mattress and fresh drapes (dark one since I tend to sleep when the sun is up).

I went for breakfast into the town. Its a nice little town, old but so charming. About 4500 souls and beautiful houses and natures attractions. There's plenty of little coffee shops (the region is "particularly renowned for its alpine and Nordic recreation, mountain biking, hiking and world class spas"; what could be better than an hot coco or coffee after a long day in the cool air?), I enter the first one I saw. As a foretell, a silence instantly prevail. Imagine this : A pale young woman wearing black in July with dark make-up and dark violet hair... What can I say, I got style! And it's not the sporty style they usually see from tourist. I always eat at restaurant so they will get used to it and see that I don't bite (unless you ask...). I ordered fruits and yogurt with a black coffee (naturally).

- Are you new in town? the waitress asked.
- Yes indeed, I just bought the house on the 108 near Gold Brooke Bridge. You know the one far from the road with the cute mansard tour ?

Good lord! I think the waitress got whiter than I!

- You're staying in the Black Rose's Mansion!? Isn't haunted?
- I don't know. You tell me? I replied.
- Its just... They say... You know...
- No I don't! But I do want to know.

Poor girl, she was shaking and unsure of what tell me. I can feel those thing, really experience the emotion of other, such a unnecessarily gift...

- You should go to the library if you want to know more. Did you slept in the house? she asked in a whisper.
- Yeah, like a baby. If there's a ghost there, didn't bother me last night! I said with a funny wink.

It kinda of calm her down. And I didn't ask more by fear to increase her anxiety (I don't need that!!) and leave her a nice tip for the fright.  But my curiosity was growing for my house history. First thing first: I had to take care of my accommodation for tonight. And Jimmy was coming for one o'clock.

~~~~

Got back to the house to find a red pick-up with ladders already parked in my driveway. J. Addams, C.C. was writing on the side of the doors.

- That make senses! the guy standing on my porch said with the brighter smile I ever saw...
- What?

Thankfully having my sunglasses on, I took the liberty to examine carefully all the details of his marvellous person... He was tall, about 6,2 and had long black hair with silver reflect through them, so I picture he was about 5 to 10 years older than me, maybe 40. He had a tan but not as much as I would have imagine for a guy working in construction. And he was big-shouldered but natural style.

- I was wondering what kind of person would buy this old shack. But I see now that it fit you!

I took off my glasses and look directly into his eyes. I probably give him my scary stairs because he said on a lowered tone :
- If you don't mind me saying...
- No I don't. Looking good as you are, you can probably say anything you're thinking without people been offending. I know, sometimes I am direct. I saw his cheeks reddened when he replied :
- I could probably say the same for you...
I laugh and properly introduce myself. Renovating would be funnier than I though!

We made inventory of all that could be safe and what was to be redone completely. He clearly knows his job and restoration of old houses was his passion; I couldn't find better! The bank had accommodate my mortgage so I could do a lot of renovations without worries. And I had my parents heritage to help. I could focus on that and trying to make myself know so I could built a business in the village. I was specializing in paranormal, from ghost to clairvoyance. Last place I've been, I had regular clients coming to see me every week for guidance and some where willing to follow me since I was lest than 2 hours of my last place. But I'm gonna try with the web. Has I said, I can feel the emotions of people and sometime it's so strong that I can feel it trough the phone. So why not Internet? We'll see about that.

Tomorrow I'll go with Jimmy to the library see if they got the original blue prints of the house. And dig a little on the history of Black Roses mansion.

For now, my new mattress has arrived so I got work to do!