Stowe's Newspaper - 1855

April 1, 1855

MAYOR HARISSON'S SON TO GET MARRIED

The Mayor is happy to announce the marriage of his son Harold with Emily, daughter of William Black Rose, on May 26th of this year.

The marriage will take place in the Methodist church of Stowe at 11:00.

A big party will be organized to celebrate this happy union afterward. All the citizens will be welcome!

~~~~

April 30, 1855

EMILY BLACK ROSES IS MISSING!

Her father said that he last saw her the night of April 22, but no sign of her in the morning.

The servant said that she was wearing a red dress the evening of her disappearance.

Please contact the police if you have any informations on the subject.

~~~~

June 23, 1855

EMILY BLACK ROSES STILL MISSING

Emily was last seen on the evening of April 22. She is 20 years old with dark hair and was wearing a red dress the day she vanished.

Her father, M William Black Roses, offers $1000 for any informations regarding her disappearance.

Emily was supposed to marry the Mayor Harisson's son Harold last month. The Mayor says that his son is devastated and he hope the she will be found safe and sound.

~~~~

November 13, 1855

WILLIAM BLACK ROSES FOUND DEAD

The body of William Black Roses has been found lifeless in his home, the Black Roses Manor, November 10th.

The police was alert by a neighbour, the lady concern that M Black Roses wasn't answering the door. She use to come by few times a week since the disappearance of his daughter last spring.

According to the medical examiner, M Black Roses is dead of natural causes.

~~~~

Source :
Image (http://www.stowechurch.org/history-of-the-church/)