Mother

"There's nothing here about a Philosopher Stone," Lunar said. "Yeah, I think Vinci's stone was the only thing close to it," Mystic whined, "Maybe we should go back to central." Lunar gasped and picked up a book. "Sister," he said excitedly, "Look! The beginners alchemy book. Brings back memories dosent it." "I guess," Mystic replied. She took the book and opened it. A flashback started coming into her head.

"This line goes here," young Mystic said as she drew a line were she wanted. "I'm bored! You said we can do something," another young stallion said. "Just a second, Spark," young Lunar said. "Anddd....there," Mystic shouted. It was an alchemy circle with some substance in the middle. Mystc and Lunar put their hooves on the circle and yellow sparks came out. Spark watched as the pile of substance began to rise. The two siblings smiled until they heard a yell and a dog barking. "Spark," Mystic said as the two raced to her. This was the first time that we used alchemy, Lunar narrated.

"They didn't mean it, Spark," Spark's dad said, "They just wanted to give you something special." "That's right hun," Sparks mom said as she held Spark's hooves. "Well I didn't know they even use alchemy," Mystic and Lunar's mom, Sparkle, said, "But I don't think they mean to scare you." "Those two are very talented," Grandma Pistachio said, "Sometimes it looks bad, then it comes out a surprise." "I know, they are really good too," Sparkle said. She left and came to grab Mystic and Lunar.

Mystic and Lunar laughed as they walked home with their mom. Sparkle closed the alchemy book and lauged, "Okay no secrets. When did your dad teach you this." "How can learn when he is never here," Mystic sighed. "We learned it by our selves," Lunar said. "You mean your really understand it," Sparkle asked. They both nodded and smiled. "So are you mad with us," Mystic asked. "Why would I be mad at you for using alchemy," Sparkle laughed, "I think I will brag to every one I know!" Mystic and Lunar laughed and ran home with their mom.

"Okay ponies, that desk is off limits," Sparkle said. "We know," they said as they looked around. "Make sure you keep it clean," Sparkle continued. "Ok," they replied as they got in. "Make sure to thank your father when he comes," "Sure," they said as the ran inside fighting for books. "Grap that one," Mystic said. "No I grabbed it first," Lunar said angry. They both screamed as the book shelf fell on top of them. Sparkle sighed as she started to leave the lab.

Dad left us a long time ago. When Mystic and I where still foals and colts. Mom stared into the distance alot, but she kept on as nothing ever happened. We started alchemy, the more we did it, the happier she was.

"Mom," Mystic lauged as she and Lunar ran to her. "What is it," Sparkle laughed. "Look what sister made," Lunar said, "although mine still looks like this." They held up a metal figure of a dog. Lunars was a little rusty and floppy as Mystics looked shiny and solid. "Well I think they look great," Mom said as she picked Mystic's figure, "You are his kids no doubt about." They laughed until Lunar spoke, "Do you think dad will be proud?" Mystic looked down to the ground. Her mom noticed and she said, "Yes, he will be." "Ok," Lunar laughed. Mystic took her figure and ran away. "I'm going to Spark's house," she yelled. "Sister, wait," Lunar shouted as he ran with her to Spark's house.