☆ Chapter 6: Human ☆

Fionna, 

I came back to the treehouse to pack some supplies before heading back to stay with Lord, but I couldn't find you!

I'm leaving this note to let you know that I won't be back for a few days so stay safe until then, sugarplum! 

Once I get back, we can start baking up some goodies for Gumball's ball. 

Love,

Cake

Fionna scrunched her eyebrows together upon reading the note and frowned. Great, now what was she supposed to do?

After taking the short walk back to the treehouse, with Marshall on her back at the same time, Fionna had decided to tuck the semi-unconscious boy into her bed while she thought about what had just happened in the forest. 

     "This is so jacked up..." The girl mumbled to herself and trekked back to where Marshall was resting.

So Marshall Lee, formerly a vampire, was now human. At least... he looked pretty human now. 

Her eyes wandered along the sleeping lump until she finally stopped at his face. She could feel her cheeks begin to heat up the more she looked at his sleeping face. Glob, this was so embarrassing... 

Pulling up a seat next to the bed, Fionna cautiously sat down and continued to stare at the other before curiosity got the best of her. 

Slowly reaching forwards, the girl lightly touched Marshall's upper lip. She paused for a moment and reveled at how soft it was before snapping back to her intended mission. She gingerly lifted his lip up to expose his teeth. If her suspicions were right... yup, he no longer had any fangs. 

     "Gnrff..."

Fionna swiftly retracted her arm and stared at the boy with wide eyes. She watched as Marshall rolled onto his side so he was now facing her. Blinking quickly and taking note at how fast her heart was beating, she wiped her hand on her skirt and got up from her chair. 

If Marshall woke up to find her staring at him he'd make fun of her for sure. And it'd probably be beyond awkward if that happened... It would be best if she just let the boy rest for now. 

Sighing at the turn of events, Fionna climbed downstairs and plopped herself onto the couch.  

     "This is so flippin' jacked up..." She repeated again to herself.

     "What am I supposed to tell him when he wakes up? Oh, hey Marshall. You're human now! Isn't that totally shmowzow?

     No... that would just be weird if I said it like that...

     Hey Marshall! How are you feeling? Did you know that your heart is beating again and you don't have fangs anymore? N-Not that I checked your mouth or anything while you were sleeping...

     Oh Glob, that's even worse!" 

Fionna cupped her face in embarrassment. But in all seriousness, how in the flip would she break the news to him? Or should she just let him figure it out himself? It probably wouldn't be that difficult for him to figure it out considering how it was his own body. Would he even remember how it happened? Oh no, what if he lost all of his memory? How could she explain that?

     "AAAAAURAAGGGHHHH!!!!"

Fionna jumped at the scream upstairs, causing her to quickly grab one of the many swords laying around and clamber up the ladder to her room. 

     "Marshall!!!" She cried out and stood in a defensive stance with her sword ready to hack and slash at whatever was happening. 

     "Fionna!!!" The male cried and jumped out of the bed with his hands up.

     "What is happening?!" He continued to yell, stumbling towards her as he stared at his hands.

Confused, Fionna set down the sword and watched the male stumble over his feet and wildly spin around.

     "I... Uhm... You." 

     "Why am I not burning!?!"

     "Huh?"

It took her a moment to put two and two together, but after realizing that there was an open window spilling sunlight into the room she understood. 

     "You... you're human now, Marshall!

     But there's no need to freak out! Being human can be a good thing! I'm human too so I should know." 

Marshall stopped fumbling around and stood still, his attention still glued to his hands and the fact that, despite being in contact with the sun, they were not burning. 

After a few more seconds of silence, Fionna watched Marshall slowly pat down his body. He lifted his shirt and looked at his stomach, felt his neck for any sign of his bite marks, brought his hands down to his pants an-

     "Woah, what are you doing?!" Fionna asked and quickly brought her hands up to her eyes. 

     "Oh. I'm just checking myself out."

     "Pfft..." Fionna couldn't help but chuckle at his comment. Turning around, she patted her cheeks and shook her head. 

     "Okay... well whenever you're ready I'm going to be downstairs."  And with that, the girl awkwardly wobbled towards the ladder and climbed down. 

Taking a seat back on the couch, she looked at the wall with a dazed look. 

It was a few more minutes later before she heard him climbing down the ladder, and it was a few seconds later that Fionna was back on her feet as attentive as ever. 

     "S...So how do you feel?" She averted her gaze when she saw that Marshall had, for whatever reason, taken off his shirt completely and was now strutting around her treehouse half naked. 

     "Pretty normal." He replied dully, running a hand through his hair.

     "I'm kind of hungry though, got anything to eat?" 

✿✿✿ Author's Note ✿✿✿

Art by fangcovenly.tumblr.com