☆ Chapter 11: Love is Dead ☆

Leaving the treefort in a haste with nothing but a sword and not even the time to dry her hair, Fionna hurried back to the Candy Kingdom in hopes of enlisting some help.

     "Oh, hey Fionna!" One of the Banana Guards waved as Fionna approached the gate to the kingdom.

     "Marshall. Captured. No time." Fionna breathed the words out as she scurried past the guard.

     "Gumball!" She yelled out the Prince's name when she reached the base of the castle.

Looking up at one of the windows of the castle, she saw a familiar face pop out before disappearing again.

     "Gumball!!" She yelled out, though this time she retrieved no response.

Growling slightly, Fionna pushed up her shirt sleeves and flung her hair behind her before walking up to the large, castle doors.

     "Gumball... you better open up or I'll b-"

The castle doors suddenly swung open and just behind them stood the Prince.

      "Fionna! How is your injury? You didn't get the chance to take the medicine when you left last night!" The male exclaimed and rushed towards the girl. He wrapped his arms around her waist and brought her close to his chest.

      "G-Gumball! Now is not the time. I really need your help!" Fionna blushed at the spontaneous hug and could feel the embarrassment bubble up inside of her when she remembered how rude she acted the night before.

     "A...And I'm sorry about yesterday..." She mumbled.

     "Don't worry about it... What's the matter?" Gumball let go of the girl and offered a concerned expression.

     "It's Marshall... Again." She sheepishly looked away and ran a hand through her hair.

     "Oh. What about him." 

     "It... Well this morning the Ice Queen crashed into my house and totally donked up the roof before kidnapping Marshall!"

     "Oh Glob! Wait... so you're telling me Marshall stayed at your house last night? He didn't do anything weird did he?"

     "Gumball!!" She felt her face heat up even more at Gumball's question and immediately smacked his arm.

     "Ouch! Okay, sorry. So what do you want me to do?"

Fionna opened her mouth to speak but quickly closed it and looked away.

     "I... Can you please come with me to the Ice Kingdom? I need your help..." Oh, she felt so horrible! Asking for help from the guy she so rudely hurt yesterday? There was no way he was ever going to say oka-

     "Okay. I'll get some gear we can use and I'll call Lord Monochromicorn so he can take us to the kingdom as fast as possible."

     "Okay, I'll wait here. Just be quick! Who knows what that creepy Ice Queen is doing to Marshall."

Gumball nodded slowly, a somewhat dejected look on his face, before leaving the girl to fetch his supplies.

Once he was done and the two of them were comfortably situated on Lord, they were off to rescue the trouble-magent boy.

+++

      "He what?!" Cake screeched and held up her clawed paws.

     "Marshall didn't do anything, I promise! He just needed a place to stay until we figured out how to turn him back into a vampire!" Fionna protested.