☆ Chapter 3: I Know ☆

"What are you doing, Marshall?" Fionna breathed softly. She took a small step backwards and felt her back press against his bathroom door. Trying her best to not lose her cool, she looked into Marshall's eyes with a hard look and scrunched her eyebrows together. 

     "Fionna, has anyone ever told you that you look so beautiful with your hair down?"

     "Wha...What are you talking about?" She stumbled on her words a bit and quickly looked away, her cheeks beginning to heat up once again. 

     "I mean..." Marshall started, reaching forwards to hold a lock of her golden hair. 

    "You really..." His voice had softened considerably at this point and Fionna couldn't help but notice how much closer he was getting.

    "Look..." She tried to move away from Marshall's face as he continued to lean forwards but it was practically impossible with the door behind her and no where else to go except towards him. At this point she was starting to freak out. His weird advances were making her feel all tingly and uncomfortable on the inside, and she couldn't stop her mind from thinking about how she was going to get smooched on by a vampire while wearing a cookie dough splattered shirt. 

     "Like a lion." 

     "What." 

Then, as if nothing had happened, Marshall let out another one of his insane laughters and floated away on his back. He clasped his stomach and rolled around in the air as he continued to laugh. 

     "M...Marhshall! What the stuff, man!"

But the male continued to ignore that girl as he had utterly lost himself in a fit of crazed laughter.

     "Oh Glob, Fionna. You should've seen the look on your fa-OOF!"

Fionna had dropped the shirt on the ground and tackled the vampire to the ground, her elbow now finding a nice home in the male's ribcage. 

     "Stop joking around and acting like a butt guy! I really have to get this stuff done and if all you're going to do is flirt with me... then I'm going home." 

She then began to pick herself up from the ground and angrily made her way to the ladder that connected his room to the living room. 

     "Woah woah! Wait, Fi! I was just..." Marshall immediately got himself back up and started to follow the girl. 

     "I don't want to hear it." She cut him off before he could continue and simply climbed down the ladder.

     "Fi, why are you so upset? It was just a jo-" He followed her down into the living room. 

     "I really don't have time for you and your wonked up flirting games, okay?" She replied brashly and retrieved her hat that had fallen on the ground before putting it on. 

     "If all you want to do whenever you're around me is pull on my heart guts then I want out." Fionna continued, shoving her hair into the hat.

     "Wait, Fionna that's not what I ha-"

     "I was hoping we could have fun baking together for Gumball's ball, but I guess not. If you didn't want to help out in the first place why couldn't you just let me know and not play games instead?" She marched towards the kitchen to begin gathering up the supplies she had brought over.

     "And look, I know you're all about joking and whatever but this is seriously not the time to be kidding around. Gumball has entrusted me with a very important task and little did you know, Gumball is actually my friend. Sure I wasn't expecting him to invite me to the ball as his chef or whatever, but at least he trusts me with this sort of stuff. Did you hear that? Trust. Something I had in you before you started all your weird flirting games." 

By the time she was done speaking, she had packed up a majority of the supplies into her backpack and was just preparing to walk back out of the kitchen and leave before she found herself, once again, face to face with the other male. Expect instead of just face to face, she was pressed against Marshall's chest for the second time this day. 

That was it.

She was done with his stupid games. 

Just as she was about to push the other away and completely lose her marbles, Marshall tilted her head up and pressed his lips against her cheek. 

     "I know you probably hate me, Fionna. Who wouldn't? But I didn't think I had hurt you with all my joking. I thought you could take it because you're one of the strongest people I know. I... I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to make you sa-"

But before he could continue, the girl had successfully pulled away and managed to land a good punch on Marshall's shoulder.

     "JUST STOP IT! OKAY?!?" She cried out and zipped past the male. 

     "Just stop trying to apologize when you don't even mean it!" She ran towards the door and yanked it open.

     "Don't just randomly kiss me thinking it'll make things better! And yes, you're right! I hate you for constantly jacking up my feelings!" And with that the girl had slammed the door shut and was making haste to go back to her treehouse, leaving Marshall to himself to clean up the rest of the mess she had cause. 

He chuckled lightly, pressing a hand against his chest before filling his fist with the fabric of the shirt he was wearing. 

     "I know..."