Chapter 5

Demi's P.O.V:

We got around half way when she stopped and turned to face me. "Uh Demi, can I ask you something?" She looks at me with a worried look on her face.

"Of course, anything. What's wrong?" I try to look her in the eyes but she keeps avoiding my gaze.

"Ok, well there's this thing, and I'm still not sure but I mean if we are going to be friends or whatever I want you to know," She stammers, looking at the ground. Is she going to say she likes me? Oh god I hope so.

"What is it?" I say soothingly, lightly gripping her forearm to give comfort.

"Well, I feel like a boy quite a lot. I'm not saying I'm transgender or anything, but I don't hate people who are. I just have days where I  feel more like a boy than a girl," She finishes, looking down still as if ashamed.

"Look Megan, there is no reason to feel ashamed," I pause to lift her head up by her chin "I don't care that much what gender you are. It doesn't define who you are but I'm glad you told me this. Would you still like me to call you Megan and use female pronouns or?" I question, wanting her to know I'm fine whatever.

"Oh, yeah I forgot to say that. Could you call me Alex? It's more of a gender neutral name and I don't mind about the pronouns. They and their would be nice but it's not the end of the world if you call me he or she," She expresses, feeling much more comfortable. 

"I will try my best," I reply grinning my classic grin. I pull her into a hug and whisper in her ear "I care about you, a lot." We stay in that position for a bit until she finally pulls away. I look at her eyes, getting lost in her hazel orbs until I remember we were doing something. "Do you still want to come over?" I question.

"Um, if you don't mind I think I'm going to go home, my mum can get a little hissy if I'm not home by a certain time," She says, for some reason I feel like she is lying to me but it may just be my trust issues.

"That's fine, I'll see you tomorrow then." I smile at her and carry on walking back to my house as she turns and goes to hers.

Alex's P.O.V:

I walk back home, not being able to wipe of the massive smile Demi had slapped onto my face. I have a feeling my life is going to change a lot with her in it.

--------------------------------------

This is just a little update, I really wanted to change her name but thought this would be a good way of working it into the story. I hope you liked it. Stay proud, Stay strong<3 (I'm on my computer so I can't do my normal heart)