Dramatic Plot Ensues

Joey was eating breakfast in the kitchen alone, his dad had taken Nicole and Jett out sightseeing for the day. Daniel was still asleep. Joey's mother was in the living room, watching TV.

The day was calm and peaceful, but the sounds of teeth crunching into food was interrupted by the banging of feet and wheels down the stairs. It was David.

As soon as Joey saw him standing at the bottom of the stairs with a large suitcase, he immediately ran over to him.

"David? What's going on?"
"I'm moving out." David was visibly shaken and his eyes had a certain twitch to them.
"Why?!"
"I just can't live here anymore..." David turned around to face the door, but Joey charged around him, standing between David and the door.
"David Camerina, I'm not letting you leave this building until you give me an explanation!"
David looked frantically between Joey and the stairs, as if he had some great mental conflict, but he gave in with an exasperated sigh. "Joey, you know that prince from the masquerade party?"
"Yeah, but do you kno-"

"It was me," Said David. "I'm the prince."

Joey burrowed his eyebrows. "But, Daniel said-"
"I told Daniel to tell you that he was the prince because I saw how close you two are ... how much you love each other ... and how you will never love me - not the way that I love you. So, I gave him the crown because he seems like a great guy, the perfect guy for you, and, in the end ... I just want what's best for you," David was welling up, trying his best to stop the tears from falling. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go beg my sister to let me stay with her."
Joey spoke in a slow and hushed voice. "You can stay here."
"No ... I can't ... It's too hard." And with that, David walked out the door - and Joey didn't try to stop him.

As the door slammed Joey froze in the moment, his mind was racing, trying to process what David had just told him.

David was actually the prince - and David is in love with him. He was the epitome of confused. Only one other thing was certain: Daniel lied to him.

Joey placed one hand on his forehead and turned around to find Daniel standing at the top of the stairs. He'd heard the entire thing. Joey, himself began tearing up.

"You lied to me?" He said, still slow and hushed.
Daniel hurried down the stairs, he reached the bottom as Joey began walking away. "Joey, please just let me-"
"No," he turned around to look at Daniel, who was now standing behind him. "Just ... go. I need time - and space - to process."
"Joe-"
"Just," His voice raising." Go."

And he did.