Chapter 12

Waiting for this love

**Austin**

I woke up and did my daily routine. After u finished getting dressed I threw on a Chicago Bulls snapback.

I ran downstairs and ate some cereal. "Bye mom!", I yelled as I walked out of the house.

I drove to Alex's house, I'm giving him a ride today. When I pulled up in front of his house I was about to turn the car off to go inside but he opened the door and plopped in quickly.

"Everything alright man?", I ask worriedly. "Na my parents are at it again.", he said glancing out the window. "They're still fighting?", I asked again worried.

Alex's parents have been arguing a lot lately, they might even get a divorce.

"Can we just not talk about it and get to school please?", he asked tears rimming his eyes. "Yeah sure.", I said and started to drive.

When we got there I pulled into my normal parking spot and Camila's car was parked next to mine. "You ready to get out or do you wanna stay in here?", I asked him. "Imma stay in here a while you can leave the keys with my I'll give them to you later.", he said.

I drop the keys in his hand and climb out.

Becky and Camila were whispering to each other quietly so no one else could hear. I walk slowly past them hoping to hear something. Nope nothing. "Ladies.", I slightly wave as I walk away. They wave back even more slightly than I did.

I walk down the halls towards my homeroom or first period. There was a few kids already in the classroom so I sit in my assigned seat and wait for class to start.

I ended up getting bored and sketching in my notebook. I drew Taylor's name in cursive bubble letters then wrote vs. in cursive bubble letters and lastly wrote Becky's name in cursive bubble letters and made a pros and cons list between the two. Right as I finished and closed the book Alex walked in and plopped my keys in my desk and sat in the deaf next to me.

"Are you alright now?", I asked curiously. "No it's just more bearable now.", he replied smugly.

Someone's grumpy.

Yesterday I had that stupid date thing. It didn't go as bad as I thought. It turns out me and Emily have a lot in common. We made up for the past and now we're pretty good friends.

Dylan, however showed up expecting Becky to be there but she wasn't because she was sick or whatever but Dylan was all mad and was accusing us of pulling a prank on him. It was priceless. Even Emily was laughing and she didn't even know what was happening. He caused a huge scene and even punched a wall.

Here I go zoning out again. The bell just rang and now class is over. "Make sure you study the material me practiced today for the quiz tomorrow.", my teacher said.

Look like I'm going to fail... Oh well.

**Becky**

First period is over and now I'm at my locker getting materials for my next class. This is the class I have with Dylan. He's going to be mad. I walk down the halls slowly. It obviously wasn't slow enough because I was still early to class.

Dylan was sitting in the seat he always sits in. I meet his gaze for a second but quickly look away. I quickly walk to the back of the class and sit in an empty seat.

It's a good thing that after you sit down you can't move. That rule may have just saved me from getting into a serious conversation that I want to avoid.

During this class I didn't pay attention. I was just thinking about what I would say to Austin because, face it you can't just say "I like you a lot and Taylor is evil... Believe me" No it won't work.