Chapter 21

Waiting for this love

**Landen**

I think I like Becky but she's still into that Austin guy. *sigh* I can tell by the way she talks about him her eyes still light up even when she's saying she hates him her eyes still flaring with admiration. Her pupils huge. It's not good, not for me anyway.

**Becky**

I really want to be back to my old self. I feel like I'm too different than I used to be. I want to get a boyfriend again, I want to get into collage,(I kinda messed that up by coming here and leaving school.), I want to have fun and be confident. I'm going to be confident.

"Hey Becky." Zach said peeking in my door. Never mind. "Hey...." I said quietly followed by silence. "Whatcha up to?" He asked me. "Well I was about to call my dad but I can wait." I said. "Is something up?" I asked. "No I was just bored. I don't know you very well. I figured maybe we had something in common and could have a new friend." He smiled while talking.

I smiled back. "I'm going to call my dad but you can stay." I said.

I picked up my phone and opened the calling app. There was my dads contact. This is the moment I've been dreading, I don't want to talk to him, but at the same time I do.

I click the number and I begin to hear the ringing. Now that I'm calling him I wonder why he hasn't called. I shrug it off and continue with my call.

He answered after it rang for a while. "Becky?" My dad asked from the other end of the line. "Dad, I miss you so much and I've been meaning to call but I never got around to it." I say with a sigh on the end. "It's okay sweetie. I meant to call as well. I saw the note. It didn't give very much information. Where are you staying." He asked me.

"I was staying in a hotel but now I'm staying/living with Vanessa." I answer. "As in cousin Vanessa?" He asked me. I nod but realize he can't see me.

"Yeah cousin Vanessa." I say.

"Listen dad I want to graduate high school. Would you mind telling them I'm really sick and will be taking some time off? I want to stay here for a while and then I want to come home and graduate then go back to Miami." I say hoping he understands.

"Yeah I'll do that for you. I owe it to you for not telling you about your mother right away." He says with guilt evident on his voice.

"Speaking of mom, how is she doing?" I ask him as my heart beat picks up. "I can only afford life support for a few days and the doctors say they don't see a sign of her waking up so we are really just praying for a miracle." He tells me. "Oh." I squeak starting to cry.

I can't handle this. I click the end call after mumbling a goodbye to my dad. "Hey, do you want to be alone? I can come back when you're feeling better." Zach says making me smile.

"No stay please. You guys have been so nice to me and I've been not too nice." I say. "Well I would ask what's up because you just seem timid but I don't want to upset you." He said. "Well you you want to know the story?" I ask him.

"Yeah If you want to tell me." He says politely. "Well I'm not going to say the whole story because I don't really want to talk about it all over again since I already told Landen but I'll give you the summary." I say and he nods.

"So I had a friend named Austin who I liked but he chose girls over me twice and the second time she was my ex best friend. I got a new best friend who was more understanding named Camila. She's like the only one I told where I was going when I first left." I pause with a little smile but continue. "Taylor, the girl he chose, and me exchanged some words which will probably end our friendship for good but oh well. Later in the day I found out my mom was in a coma which threw me over the top. I scrounged up some money and bought a plane ticket and now I'm here." I finish.

He looks at me and says. "I'm sorry." And I'm sure he meant it.

I nod and lay back on my bed.

"So let's see if we have anything in common." He suggests. I nod.

"My favorite food is pizza and my favorite color is yellow." Say aloud.

"I agree on the pizza but I'm more of a red guy." He says and I cringe. "That's Austin's color." I whisper. He makes an 'O' shape with his mouth and whispers. "Sorry." But then I reply. "It's not your fault."

"Anyway my turn, my middle name is Drew and my last name is Daniels." He says. "My middle name is Marie and my last name is Gomez." I respond but then quickly say.

"This isn't working let's watch TV." "I agree." He said and picked up a remote. He found 'Empire' on TV so we watched that for a while. I really like this show.

After we watched TV for a while he said he had something he had to do. I nod and he left.

I'm going back to the old me. It will be uncomfortable at first but I will get used to it because it's who I used to be and who I plan to continue to be.

I went to bed with those thoughts in my mind.

-----------------------------------

Done! After I quit the story and re continued it I have much much less reads so if you could tell people about it it would help. Thanks! Xoxo💋