Chapter Three

Brianna shown above ^_^

He is the King of mixed signals and she is the Queen of getting her hopes up - Unknown

Bella Ackerman

The next week or so consisted of the same routine, I would watch Alec from afar and I had learned to befriend the three people that I have stuck by me since the first day.

Miranda seemed more happier now she had labeled me her best friend. Mike had a girlfriend that was really chilled out and also My last friend Brianna. He would go on about how lucky he was, but I could see the love in their eyes.

They had the relationship everyone wanted. I think that is really why Miranda likes me so much, with me around she doesn't feel like such a third wheel.

Alec still walked me to class every day because he was determined to be friends. I told him we were. But I don't think that was the real reason.

Glancing at the clock and looking at my notes I had profiled fifty students in the last week. I was working fast. Although I love my friends, I knew attachments were better to not be formed.

The more I was known, the easier it was to find me. This business I was in was a dangerous one, I knew that when I signed up.

People like me, who work for the right reasons, sometimes have to deal with dangerous consequences.

The scars that was on my body from the night of saving the three children, held no pain for me now. They were just there as a reminder of what I did. Turns out they mean a lot more than I had anticipated.

************

Today was a football match and surprise surprise, Alec was star quarterback. He found me before the game and said

"Wear this. It's important that you do. "

I nodded but if only I knew what I was agreeing to. I helped Miranda with the banner and held hope, though it wouldn't be helpful that the match would be a quick one.

Brianna and Mike were making their own banner and soon enough it was time for the game. I wore the jersey and Miranda's eyes widened.

"You. And Alec!?? Are Dating! What!! Details. Now. "

What?!

"No no. We aren't dating, he just made me wear this. I wouldn't have worn it if I knew it meant people would think I'm dating him. I'll take It off. "

She glared at me.

"The hottest guy in the WHOLE school is interested in courting you and you want to deny him!?"

I rolled my eyes

"Look we are barely even friends . I will talk to him, and who says courting anymore?"

He saw me in his jersey and said

"beautiful. I love it. Now look I know we are friends but you mean a lot to me, that's why I told you to wear this. "

Erm okay, what the hell was I supposed to say? he was so sweet and sincere I couldn't take it off now. I just smiled and nodded.

Friends. I could totally handle that. I mean. Friends aren't always lovers are they? No I'm sure they are not. We will be fine.

He kissed my cheek and walked off to the game.

Ah great. Everyone was starting and whispering now, I knew how it looked, but I rolled my eyes, to act nonchalant, urgh I hated attention.