Chapter Nine

Bella

There are some choices you can only make once, you can't go back to where you made a choice and then take the other one. - Mary Hoffman, City of flowers

When Alec dropped me home, I did not know where that really left us. I knew that kissing him, would be a bad idea. Going on a date was a very bad one too, but he seemed so sincere. I couldn't say no.

But I know Alec will be crushed when I leave. There's no coming back, after I'm done with this mission, I move to the next.

I know he's commited, but I couldn't do that to him, I'd never be around and not only that long distance relationships never last. So maybe I'm fooling myself, but I need to tell him.

After the person who wants to kill him is found and punished, then I leave. To date, there's never been a reason to stay. But then I remembered the day I was accepted into the agency.

"Bella Marie Ackerman, we welcome you to the ceremony upon your arrival. Now the legacy and code we live by is implanted in the file I sent you. However, the code that we have, the one we must abide by is

After each Misson, we leave no trail behind, this job is tricky, but you must always remember that it's better to stay forgotten.

Congratulations!"

The people clapped and I accepted the job, knowing that I would never be stupid enough to find a reason to stay after I've completed my mission.

"Bell! I'm so proud! "

Evan hugged me and I laughed. Evan has been working in the industry for the last five years and he was my friend.

I smiled at him and he hugged me.

"Thanks Evan, who knew that I would ever become a member? "

He sighed

"You've been amazing throughout everything, each task was done perfectly. Of course you'd get the job. Oh and I have a suprise for you."

He gave me a locket and told me to turn around. I furrowed my eyebrows, but turned around and saw Ryder.

I had a huge grin on my face and he grabbed me into a hug.

"Love, I'm so proud of you. "

I smiled and nodded. That had to be the best moment of my life, the pride Ryder had for me made me feel happy.

He kissed my cheek and I blushed and butterflies erupted. He smiled at me and held my hand.

I gulped I had to tell Alec the truth. But when the time was right.

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

Three weeks later...

When I called him, it went straight to voicemail. I groaned and walked over to my car.

I glanced at my cellphone and Kade had called me.

"Bell, I need your help. "

Honestly I'm glad he called, because that meant I could stall and not tell Alec the truth. He was about to ask me something, but the call ended abruptly.

I drove over to his place and he told me that he had sone something terrible. I was just glad he wasn't angry at me locking him and Bella In.

"it's Liv she i-"

"KADEYY!"

Liv jumped on him and kissed him. It was as if to make a statement that was Kade is taken.