Chapter Eight

Alec Williamson

We are addicted to our thoughts. We cannot change anything if we cannot change our thinking. - Santosh Kalwar

My mind was blank, I couldn't comprehend why it felt as though I was forgetting something.

I called Miranda hoping she would pick up 

"hey Miranda. Thanks again for helping me the other day. "

She replied

"No problem. Look, erm, Alec, i need to talk to you, can we meet in the parlour?"

"okay, I'll be there in fifteen "

I hung up and drove to the parlour.  Miranda looked really nervous from some reason. Glancing at the clock I realised that I needed to thank her, I brought her flowers as a gesture of appreciation.

I walked over to the corner booth and gave her the flowers. She smiled and was about to say something but I stopped her

"Miranda, before you say anything, thank you. For everything. I'm hoping we can still be friends?"

She nodded. I walked over to her and gave her a hug.

"Yeah Alec sure. That..  Erm I gotta go. "

I furrowed my eyebrows,  I wonder why she left so soon.

I rolled my eyes when Tina walked over to me.

"baby.. Hey how are you?"

She sat on my lap and I had the strongest urge to push her off. But I didn't. It wasn't remotely possible for me.

She gripped onto the back if my neck and straddled me, she started kissing my neck.

"Tina. St-"

She stopped me by kissing me. She put her hands under my shirt. I grabbed onto her hand and told her

"Tina. Get off. Please, I'll drop you off home."

She smirked and nodded.

Just as we were about to leave, someone dropped a soda on her.

"aghhhh! ALEC! It's...  I.."

I was so tempted to laugh, but I kept it in. I dropped her off home and she thanked me and said

"sorry. I kind-"

"it's okay. But look nex-"

She shushed me and kissed my cheek before leaving.  I was just glad, she was already gone.

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

After I left, I went for a drive to clear my head. Clearly that was a mistake. I had the strongest feeling that I was being followed. But I couldn't see who it was.

Maybe it was my paranoia but it seemed so Goddamn real, like someone was really watching me.

I walked over to a cliff and sat down admiring the scenery in front of me. Seconds later, I got a call. The number was not saved on my cellphone, so I had no idea who it was.

"Alec Williamson?"

I nodded but then realised that the person couldn't see me. So I said

"Yeah. Can I know who this is?"

The voice was definitely a guys. He chuckled and said

"I'm Ryder Scott, I need you to pick up Bella she is a l-"

I was seriously confused

"Ryder! Give me the cellphone! He c-"

I interrupted them and said