Who Are You Now? Chapter 12

When I got to the party it was in full swing. It was pretty sketchy, however I was not in the position to be picky about where I got my drugs from. I parked down the street and felt my pocket, making sure I had some cash. I hid my purse and GPS and stepped out of my car, locking it behind me.

      I walked toward the house that had the party at it. The house next door looked like it was also part of the party... it was huge. Who knew this many kids in this small town would be so outgoing on a Sunday... 

      I walked into the main party house and looked around. It was insane. There were bodies everywhere, some intertwined with others, some dancing, and some just walking around without any purpose. One thing was for sure: no one there gave any shits. To me it looked like they were mostly on cocaine, however I wasn’t going to buy any hardcore drugs, just a little pot. Just enough to get me happy. 

      I walked to the other side of the house, scoping it out a little. I wondered why I never tried harder drugs, then remembered what they did to my friends. I then wondered what was going to happen to all of the kids at that party. Not many good things could come out of it. Even thinking about that though, my mind never strayed from the desire to be high. 

      “Hey, do I know you?” someone turned me around forcefully. It was the guy that worked at the movie theater.

      “No, but do you have any pot?” I asked. 

      “Nope, there’s only a little bit floating around,” he said. “Here drink this,” he handed me his drink and left the room. I gazed down curiously at the alcohol. He wasn’t a gross guy, but I wasn’t in the mood of sharing spit with him. 

      He came back a few minutes later with a pill in his hand. He was swaying slightly.

      “You going to drink that?” he asked, pointing to the drink he gave me.

      “Nah, you can have it,” I said, handing it back.

      “I don’t have cooties you know,” he smiled and dropped the pill in. He swished around the liquid a little and took a drink of it. He pushed it in my direction again. 

      “What is it?” I asked. He didn’t respond, he just held it out further. “Oh okay,” I smiled excitedly, grabbing the cup and taking a swig. It burnt my throat on the way down. “Ah,” I breathed, closing my eyes.

      “It’s strong,” he slurred. 

      “Tell me about it,” I said, grabbing the cup again and taking another gulp.

      “Woah there, don’t have to rush,” he said. “My name is Tim, by the way.”

      “Nice to meet you,” I said.

      “Your name is...” Tim started. 

      “Unnecessary,” I said. Such a small town didn’t need my name around in the party scene. “I just want to be high.”

      “Trust me, you will be with that,” he winked at me. I couldn’t help but notice how his wink wasn’t like Zane’s. Zane’s was sexy and yet adorable at the same time... Tim’s was just creepy. 

      “I should be going,” I said. I didn’t want to be getting high with some random guy, I wanted to be hanging out with Zane. 

      “You can’t go,” Tim said, grabbing my arm.

      “What? Why?” I asked, my head beginning to get fuzzy.

      “When that stuff kicks in fully you don’t want to be driving, trust me,” he smiled.