Chapter 3~ Amber

We made it home without any trouble, and Ed and I are sitting in the living room. We're playing a very heated match of Monopoly. I bought over 3/4 of the board, and my wallet is hurting. He, on the other hand, has bought all the good spaces, and they're deathtraps with hotels and stuff. I've successfully made Ed pay a fine on the past 4 rounds, and he kinda looks scared. He still has a bunch of money though. I roll a 4, and get stuck in jail. I know I'm going to lose. Uggh.

Ed buys a few spaces while I'm in the pen, and I notice that they're the ones at the beginning that I keep landing on but don't want. He really knows what to do in this game. When I get out of jail, I roll, and land on a taxes space, of course. Ed chuckles. "This sucks. I have no luck. Ed can you give me a loan."

"No. This isn't The Game of Life, and I believe it was you that said there are just some things that are a once in a lifetime opportunity, and you can't have a rematch. Sorry, honey," he grins.

"Well... I lose. I'm going to make some of that hot cocoa I mentioned before. You want some?"

"Hell yeah!"

I grin, "Well get up, and help. You will be the chef's assistant. You can read the instructions to me. Use your best narrator voice. The more robotic, the better."

"Okay..."

"Just sound like the annoying GPS lady... Or Siri, they are basically the same."

"Yeah," Ed grins.

We walk into the kitchen, and I grab the big pot we used to use to make hot chocolate in the winter. We haven't done that for a while... Not since the incident. I try not to think of it, and I realize that I'm glad Ed got stuck here. When I'm busy or talking I can't dwell on it.

Ed asks,"What're you doing standing around? Get a move on!"

I try to hide my surprise, "Nothing," I put the pot on the bar, and grab the cocoa from the pantry,"Okay. Tell me what I need," I hand him the box, and point to the recipe.

He laughs,"I'm in love with the coco," he sings.

"GPS lady doesn't sing! Do your job Ed," I grin.

He tells me the ingredients, in his narrator voice, and I grab them as he reads them off. "Okay. Read me the directions now,"I tell him.

I get all the ingredients measured out, and poured where they need to be. While I stir them together I notice that Ed is staring at me. Not creepily, but with a slight grin on his face. He's trying to cover his mouth with his hand but it isn't working. I pretend I don't notice, and turn to put the pot on the stove. I smirk, "What're you looking at, Red?"

"Huh! What," I look at him, and he's blushing."Uh... Nothing, " He looks down at his lap.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

The hot cocoa was pretty good... But we ended up spilling most of it when Ed decided it was a good idea to pour it instead of spoon it into our glasses.

"Ed. Would you like to go on a tour," I ask, as we finish the hot chocolate.

"Sure."

"Okay," I take him down the hall to the first room on the left and stop,"This is the laundry and sewing room." We walk down the hall a bit, and I point to the right,"This is my parents' room," I point down the hall,"And that's the mudroom and stuff. You've already seen it." We go back through the kitchen/dining room, and I take him into the living room. I point to the stairs across the room, "The basement is down there." I take us to the last room that I'm going to show him, mine. "This is my room," I smile.