Not Without a Fight (Zarry Stylik One-Shot)

Hello to all my Kitten's, I hope you like this story. I watched A Walk to Remember the other day and I kept the story line in my head. So when I got ready to write another chapter to my story I couldn't help but get this. I actually cried a bit while I was writing this, I hope you guys cry to. Or does that sound bad? I hope not cause I don't want to sound like a bad person.. anyways, I wrote this and dedicate this story to HarryEdwardsZarry11. She is an amazing writer and I absolutely love her; she was the very first one to read my stories and she always comments when I update. I love you girl I hope you love this.

___________________________________________________________

Harry was waiting with bated breath in the small hospital room, the ugly green gown and tape around his wrist making him on edge.

He was nervous. Worried. Afraid. Actually, petrified was more like it. His heart was beating at a pace that made him wonder if it was possible for a man of his age and health to have a heart attack. Harry sighed, glancing at the wall clock, wishing that he'd brought someone along with him to keep him from having a mental break down. His parents didn't know he was here. His friends didn't. His coworkers. He'd only told Simon because he needed to clear the time off with his boss, citing that a 'concussion' was the reason that he would be missing the concert that week. Not that he was waiting on test results.

Test results.

It didn't seem right that at twenty four he would be having these kinds of complications, that there was a possibility that he might not live to see thirty. Just a month ago, he'd been planning the rest of his life out, staying in one direction for years until he eventually retired. That he wanted to have the house, picket fence, dog, and the whole nine yards with his lover. And now that seemed like a far off dream of a life he might have a chance to live.

It had started with a bruise that wouldn't heal.

Then the loss of appetite, the fatigue.

He had assumed it was from exhaustion. From the traveling, the long hours in the gym and spent training.

Not...

He didn't even want to think it.

Because that would make it real.

Outside the birds were chirping. The sun was shining bright, a few clouds dotting the expanse of blue... A perfect day. He wondered if he'd make it to summer in time to see his mom's prized flowers bloom, the ones that his Aunt sent a few years ago. Funny, he couldn't remember what color they were. He thought they might have been red. Or orange. Something that insignificant seemed important now with the possibility that he might not make it to see them. And his father. He'd be taking his antique roadster to the car shows, making a fuss about Harry touching the glossy finish. Would Harry be there to witness his father take home another trophy? Thanksgiving? Christmas? Would his family be mourning him during the holidays, wishing he was with them instead of... He might make it to see the first day of winter. But probably not the last.

And Louis. His Boo Bear would lose his best friend, his partner in crime since they'd started One Direction. Lou would feel betrayed and probably angry at Harry for not telling him. Would Harry make it to see his godchildren? He wondered if Lou would name a son after Harry as a tribute to his friend, as a reminder, as a way to pass on Harry's legacy since he wouldn't be able to have any children of his own?

Zayn.

Harry sighed.

Zayn. Hiding this from Zayn was... It was wrong. Because Zayn was his lover, his partner, his everything. Zayn would be devastated, he'd be inconsolable. He never wanted to hurt Zayn but this would kill him. The walls that Harry had spent the last two years breaking down would be erected again around Zayn's heart. Zayn would become distant. It was how Zayn dealt with his problems; he kept them buried underneath cynicism and indifference until Zayn eventually became immune to them. And Harry didn't want that. Because the Zayn he loved was his shining star in an oppressive stretch of darkness and he didn't want to lose him. Didn't want that flame extinguished.