The Trial Part 1 ( Chapter 5 )

The picture above is Dale, and Dale, Bella and now Daryl's house.

⚠️‼️Trigger Warning: Mention of various types of Child Abuse!!!! If this triggers you, you probably will want to skip the whole chapter!!!! Or you can stop reading when I put‼️‼️‼️‼️!!!! ‼️⚠️

Dale's Pov.

Daryl has been with us for 3 weeks, he still most of the time doesn't talk unless talked to, and he's pretty jumpy & skittish, he will only smile for Bella but at least he smiles, and he will get even better, it just takes time.
Daryl's shoulder is getting better the sling comes off in a week, and his ribs should be about healed by then too, and his back is already healed.

"Daryl, Bella come on we're going to be late!!" I call from down stairs.

"Coming." Bella and Daryl holler back  at the same time, while running down the stairs.

"How many times do I have to tell ya'll not to run down the stairs. You're going to get hurt, and Daryl you already have 4 healing ribs and a healing shoulder, do you need more injuries??"

"Sorry sir."

"Sorry daddy."

"It's ok, I just don't want ya'll getting hurt. And Daryl I've told you a thousand times, you do NOT have to call me sir, call me Dale. Now go get in the truck."

We drop Bella of with the neighbor and head to the court house.

--------------------------------------------‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️
At the court house.

Daryl's Pov.

We walk in the court house, and I'm really nervous, I have to see my daddy today and tell strangers what happened, I really don't want to, but Dale said I have to tell them if I want daddy to go to jail.

( A/N I know nothing about court rules or anything like that, sorry if some things are wrong. )

Still Daryl's Pov.

"It's time to go in, okay??"

"Dale, I don't want to, I'm scared, I don't want to see daddy." I say with fear in my voice and tears in my eyes.

Dale kneels down in front of me. " I know you're nervous, but you have to tell them what happened. Okay??"

"Okay, I really wish Bella was here."

"I know, she wanted to be here, but I didn't think that would be a good idea."

We walk into the court room and there are five security guards one in each corner of the room and one by where the judge sits.

"Dale who are they??" I say pointing towards 12 people sitting in two rows.

"That's the jury, they will decide if your daddy goes to jail or not."

"Oh, do you think they will put him in jail??"

"I don't know that's up to them, but if you tell them what happened, I think they will put him away for a very long time."

We go sit down on the front row of seats, and wait for them to call me up to talk. They make me put my hand on a Bible and swear to tell the truth. They then bring my daddy in, and he stares at me, that makes me uncomfortable and nervous.

"Will Dixon you are charged with the murder of Christine Dixon along with verbal and physical abuse of a child." The judge said.

"Daryl Wyatt Dixon, can you come sit up here and tell everyone what happened??" The judge called.

I then stand up and slowly walk towards the judge. When I get there I sit down in the seat next to the judge.

"Daryl we already have a statement from you earlier, so we will be asking questions based off what you said in your statement. Okay??"

"Okay." I replied.

"So you said in your statement that your dad "Will Dixon" would scream and cuss at you, is that true??"

"Yes ma'am it is."

"Is it also true that he would beat you??"

"Yes ma'am."

"And what would he beat you with??"

"He would beat me with his belt and he would punch me."

"Is it true that he would burn you??"

"Yes ma'am."

"Is it true that he was abusing your brother Merle until he left and joined the military??"

"Yes ma'am."

"Is it true that he killed your mother??"

"Yes ma'am."

"How did he kill your mother??"

"He burnt the house down, with her inside."

"Is there anything else you need to tell us about."

"My daddy he, he"....

Cliffhanger sorry.

This is my least favorite chapter I've ever written, I didn't really know how to write it so if it sucks I'm really sorry.

Questions:

1.How did you like this chapter on a scale of 1-10??

2.What do you think Daryl is going to tell them??

3.What do you think will happen next??

Thank you for reading.
Please rate & comment any suggestions or if you want more chapters.