Parole ( Chapter 13 )

Daryl's Pov.

Today my dad is going to court because he's up for parole. I'm really hoping he doesn't get out, if he does he's going to come after me, Bella and Dale, and I don't want that to happen. I don't know what I would do if I was the reason my family got hurt.

~At the court house~

Still Daryl's Pov.

My dad starts to walk out of the back room of the courthouse and towards his seat, I immediately tense up and Bella reaches over and our fingers intertwine.

"We are here today to review the case of Mr. Will Dixon to see if he may be eligible for parole. You have served nine years out of your ten year sentence, you've never been in trouble and you have a jail job. We will be back in 30 minutes to tell you if you're a free man or not."

~30 minutes later~

Still Daryl's Pov.

"Mr. Will Dixon, I here by end your prison sentence, you are free to go."

"Let's go Bella." I say standing up, her hand still in mine, walking to the truck and getting in.

"Dare, you okay??" Bella ask as she runs her hand through my hair.

"Not really, he's going to come after us, he's going to kill us for putting him in prison."

"He's not going to kill us Dare, everything is going to be okay."

"What if it's not?? What if he comes to your house and hurts you or your dad?? I don't know what I would do if that happened."

Bella puts her hand under my chin turning my head so I'm facing her. "Everything is going to be okay, I promise, and have I ever broke a promise to you??"

"No."

"Never have and never will." She says as she gently cups my face in her hands, leaning forward she passionately kissed me.

"Bells, You wanna go to the lake??"

"Of course."

All the way to the lake are fingers were intertwined and Bella's head was on my shoulder.

When we arrive at the lake the water is crystal clear, the sky is the bluest of blues, the grass as green as Bella's eyes. For a while we sit in peace and quiet listening to the sounds of nature with our feet in the water, then I hear his voice, the water goes midnight black the sky turns dark like the sun has died the grass goes dull and dead looking, and my heart drops as I'm overcome with fear and dread.

"Hello Daryl."

I slowly turn and look my father in the eye for the first time in nine years. "Bella get behind me." I say as I grab her pulling her as close as humanly possible.

"You don't have to hide your pretty little girlfriend, I'm not going to hurt ya'll today, can't risk going back to jail so soon; but I will be back, I want ya'll going to sleep every night wondering, will he show up tomorrow, and waking up every morning saying, will today be the day??" And with not one more word, my dad turned around and left.

Questions:

1.On a scale of 1-10 how much did you like this chapter??

2.What do ya'll think about Will being out of prison??

3.What do you think will happen next??

Thank you for reading.
Please rate & comment any suggestions or if you want more chapters.