Chapter 18: The Forest Of Thorns.

" You've GOT to be kidding me ?!" Martha Shrieked.
"Oh I don't kid " Hansen replied.
" we HAVE to get out of here" I scream so loud that the birds fly away. I run up to where we entered. " it's no use Anna" Martha says quietly as she sits on the cold grass. The trees looked like monsters. I touch a tree and it cuts me. " ouch ... These trees are monsters!" I said disgusted. " not surprised... This whole place is creepy " Martha says looking around. The cut on my palm turns from red to black. I feel the cut, it feels sharp, like a thorn. " the forest of thorns " Hansen says behind me. " no wonder " I reply looking at my cut then at the trees. Wherever you went there was danger.

Martha stands up and faces the opposite direction. " LOOK!" Martha shouted pointing to a building figure far away. I quickly turn around to look... I could see it. It was a house. Far away but not so far away to catch sight of the old building. " forbidden house" I whisper to myself. " the forbidden house!" I exclaim. Martha gasps " the riddle ! Come on we need to go"
I start to walk but a cold hand pulls me back. " no one has been in that house for 17 years... I don't think it's safe " A cold voice called. " well I'm going in there " I loosened my arm from his grip and continued to walk. " don't say I didn't warn you " Hansen says grinning then disappears into mid air. " I hate that creepy guy " Martha says while putting her backpack onto her shoulders than following me. " show me the riddle ... I can't remember what it said ... Something about ' door to forbidden house " I say as I continue to walk to the house ahead of us. Martha puts her hand in her bag and then pulls out a piece of plain parchment paper with faded writing. ' Open the door leading to your right of the forbidden house ' . Martha handed it to me. 'It's going to be dangerous... ' I thought, ' but if this what it takes to find my mother than ... It's worth it '. I start to pick up my pace as we get closer and closer to the house. Secrets we're going to be revealed.