Chapter 19

Harper's P.O.V.
I just got back to the house and Jackson hurried and got out of the car.
"Jackson carry this in the house for me" I said handing him the diaper bag
I got out of the car and grabbed Olivia's car seat. I shut the door and locked it.
I went inside and put her in her bassinet upstairs in my room. I walked in Jackson's room to check on him.
"Are you doing what your father said?" I asked
"Yep" he said
"What?" I asked
"Yes ma'am" he replied
"No once you get down with this I need you to vacuum this hallway, windex the windows." I said before shutting the door
I went back into my bedroom and cleaned up. I changed the red and black sheets to our white ones, and our solid red comforter to our white one. Then I took the sheets and comforter and threw them on the floor by the door.
I took Olivia in her bedroom and shut the door. Because I was going to clean the bathroom and didn't want her ingesting those fumes. I went into the bathroom and grabbed all the dirty clothes from the hamper and took them into the bedroom by the door over the top of the sheets and comforter.
I took the Clorox and sprayed it into the tub, shower, and floor. I let that sit for a while, so it can be easy to clean. I walked into the closet and picked up any dirty clothes and sit them by the door.
Eli never puts his watches and jewelry back into his side of the showcase. I hung his clothes up and mines also. I went and got the vacuum out of the hallway closet. I vacuumed the closet and the bedroom area.
I finished vacuuming then I put it back into the hallway closet. I took the tub cleaning toilet brush and scrubbed the tub. Then I took the shower cleaning rag and clean the shower and did the same with the toilet. I ran water in the shower and tub to make sure I get all of the chemicals out of them.
I went under the bathroom sink and grabbed the Clorox wipes. I took a couple of then out and wiped out of the sink and wiped the counters down. I sprayed some windex on the mirror them took a towel and cleaned them. I swept and mopped the floor. I sprayed some Air Freshener in my room.
I heard the door open and it was Eli.
"Baby?" he yelled
"I am in the bedroom" I said
He came upstairs.
"Hey sweets" he said
"Hey love" I responded
"Are you ready to talk to Jackson?" I asked
"Yes" he said
He took of his brown suit coat and rolled up his sleeves to his blue dress shirt. And he loosened his brown tie that matched his brown slacks.
We walked downstairs and called Jackson down to talk to him. We sat at the kitchen table and talked.
"Jackson what happened?" Eli asked
"—" he said nothing
"Jackson look at me" I said
He looked up from his fiddling thumbs.
"What happened?" Eli asked again
"They called you a——" he said but stopped
"Called me what?" Eli asked
"Dad they called you a nigger lover, called you mom a nigger, called Diamond a nigger, and called Isaac my big nigger brother" he said
"What else happened?" I questioned
"I told them to leave me along but the wouldn't" he said crying
"Buddy why didn't you tell the teacher?" Eli asked
"Because they are the bullies of the 2nd grade and if I snitched its going to get worse and nothing is going to change. It seems the only way they understand is if I fight back." he said
"Jackson buddy, we are going to handle this. You don't have to worry." I said
We loaded up the car and drove back to the school.