Responsibilities

[NOBODY POV]

Hyunseung was called up to talk.

"Anneyeonghaseyo..." Hyunseung greeted and bowed.

"take a seat." he said.

"yes." Hyunseung replied.

"I called you here to give you a promotion." he stated and Hyunseung just smiled.

"but.... I'll be transferred to Japan right?" Hyunseung asked.

"yes. that is correct. this is a life time oportunity Hyunseung. think about it." he said.

-You have to take responsibility for this. this is your fault!-

"I'm sorry but I can't go. I.... I have to take responsibilty for someone." Hyunseung explained.

"is it for a girlfriend? a lover?" he asked suddenly.

"she IS a friend and she IS a Girl. but I guess she'll never be described to me as you used those two words together." Hyunseung replied and bowed down.

that's right. He has to take responsibility for someone. Someone whom he really cared for.

*I can't possibly love her.... right?* Hyunseung thought.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Hyuna was doing work inside her room when and her phone kept buzzing.

"WHAT?!" Hyuna said irritated.

"you sound just the same." Junhyung stated.

"J-junhyung...." Hyuna's voice softened.

"you still know me. Good. remember what you told me yesterday?" Junhyung replied

"what?" Hyuna asked and placed her hand over her heart.

it kept thumping really loud. she was feeling it again.

"you said you'll go out with me." Junhyung said and smirked.

"I said that? oh silly me." Hyuna said and hung up.

Hyuna cupped her cheeks and laid on the bed. why was she still feeling all these? she went downstairs and saw her Omma watching drama in the dark alone. Hyuna opened the light and sat beside her.

"Omma, can I ask you something?" Hyuna asked and Omma mutes the TV.

"what is it dear?" Omma asked and sat up straight.

"Omma, what does it mean when your heart thumps really loud and your stomach churns in a different way?" Hyuna asked desperately.

"honey, that means you're inlove" Omma replied and patted her head.

"omma, I know this FRIEND and she called me. her boyfriend cheated on her when they were in college and now he's back and he wants to fix things up and start again. she's confused because she is still feeling the same feeling she feels when she talks or sees him. what should she do?" Hyuna asked and adjusted her glasses.

"Honey, no matter a heart is hurt, a heart is still a loving heart. it will keep loving even though it is hurt and kept away for so long. so I think that FRIEND of yours should think for some time." Omma explained.

she went up to her room and Junhyung texted.

"Hyuna."

"yes?"

"will you go out with me?"

"if I say no, will you stop?"

"Nope."

"Fine."

"see you. :)"

"where?"

"in the place where we had our first date."

"at the Carnival?"

"yes. see you there! :D"

Hyuna sighed and laid back on the bed.

*I think I'm still inlove.* Hyuna thought and closed her eyes.

she called up Hyunseung.

"Seung." Hyuna said over the phone.

"what? are you okay? you've never called me Seung since College when you..... is this about Junhyung?" Hyunseung suddenly asked.

"He asked me to a date." Hyuna replied holding in her emotions.

"well?" Hyunseung replied.

"I agreed." Hyuna said and suddenly Hyunseung hang up.

"whaa?!" Hyuna shouted.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"I agreed." Hyuna said and Hyunseung hang up.

"She's doing the same thing all over again!" Hyunseung complained.

why couldn't she learn from her mistake?

"I guess I have nothing to take responsibility for." Hyunseung whispered and closed his eyes.

"look on the bright side Hyunseung, you can now go to Japan!" Hyunseung muttered.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"I was there for her. I promised to myself that I woud protect her even if she's not mine to keep." - Hyunseung