chapter 7

Amy pulled out the paper in the envelope.

" Whew I cant do this right now."

Amy put the piece of paper back in the envelope and asked if she could take It home and look at it there.

''Of course. Whatever happens... just know that its for the better." said Dr. Harrison.

Amy walked out of the building and saw Ty across the street.

"Look Ty. You have to listen to me. I talked to a guy named Chad Brady. He says his "Girlfriend" works with horses at a place called Heartland and recommended me to go there because he was to busy to help." said Caleb.

"Caleb. I'm sure it was just a mistake. And either way... He probably is just still in agony from a great catch like that slipping away." said Ty.

"Wait... You know they dated in High school?" asked Caleb

"Yea. Mallory told me all about her old boyfriends."

"Oh... Well maybe it was just a misunderstanding, but I think you should put an app on her phone that lets you know where she is. She wouldn't even know that it was there and you could find out if somethi-"

"Caleb! Shes not with Chad. Shes married to me. And I'm not getting that phone app. I trust her. And just because one guy doesn't have a girlfriend but says he does... doesn't mean anything."

                                                             .......................................................

Amy got home and Chad was in the barn.

"Amy. I wanted to talk to you"

"There's nothing to talk abo-"

"I love you." Chad blurted out. "I love you more than anything and I want to be with you."

" You barely even know me. We slept together for one night and it was a mistake." said Amy.

"I know you think that, but you also know that we should be together."

"And you should know th-"

Chad leaned in, pulled her close... and kissed her.

"Amy!" said Georgie. " where are you I need to start jumping Pheonix."

Amy pulled away when she heard Georgie.

"What is wrong with you? Just leave."

"Fine." said Chad.

"Oh there you are. Sorry I didn't know you were talking to someone." said Georgie.

Amy walked out the barn and got into her truck.

"Sorry Georgie. I will be back in an hour and I will help you." said Amy.

Chad walked up to the car door.

"Can you come to the park please. I need you to hear me out." said Chad.

"Fine. I'll follow you." said Amy.

..........................................................................................................

Ty went with Caleb to the park so they could work out situations involving horses. Now that they are back in business together, they needed to work out a plan. When he was done... he decided to get a coffee and walk through the park. When he was walking, he saw Amy through the brush on a bench over looking the lake. She was with Chad.

He was curious about what Caleb said, so he walked up, and listened to their conversation....

It was like a knife to the stomach when Chad said...