Chapter 20

Chad was driving to Heartland and couldn't concentrate. She was pregnant? Are you serious?
He stopped at the gate. He could see the house from there and saw Ty's truck. He saw Amy come out of the barn and she was by herself.
Chad pulled out his phone and dialed Amy's number. He watched her stop, pull out her phone, and put it back in her pocket and keep walking. He called her again and this time she answered. "So you just ignored my first call?" Said Chad
"What do you want Chad?"
"I need to talk to you. Do you have time right now?"
"Talk to me about what?"
"It's not something I can say over the phone. Can you meet me in the barn?"
"In... My barn? At heartland?"
"Ya. I'm almost there."
Chad hung up and drove to the barn. He saw Ty and he gave him a really dirty look.
"Wow. Someone's cranky today." Chad whispered to himself.
He saw Amy and went into the barn. Amy saw Ty and he looked interested in there conversation.

"Amy-"

"Wait. Let's go up to my place."
"Uh-ok."
He followed her up and she closed the door.
"I need to ask you something." Chad said.
"What is it?" Amy sounded slightly interested and slightly annoyed.
"Are you pregnant?"
"Wh-what? Wh-where did you hear that-"
"Just answer the question."
"Y-yes."
"How many weeks?"
"12 weeks."
"12?" Chad took a deep breath and threw his arms over his head. 12 weeks ago they were together.
"I got a parental test, and it's Ty's-"
"Does Ty know?"
"No. He doesn't."
"What about us?"
"He doesn't know about that either and I don't plan on him finding out."
Amy had a hold of his arm.
"Do you love him?"
"What-"
"Do you love him?"
"Of course I do. I'm carrying his baby."
"Do you love me?"
"Uh-Chad. I can't-"
"Do you love me?"
"Right now? Not so much. And after what you said, I don't know if i will ever forgive you.."
"Oh. Well did you know we played basketball today with a group of friends? Well he didn't seem so happy about me being there. Even though I kicked his-"
"Chad."
"Look. I think he knows something. Why else would he be looking at me the way he does?"
Chad left and drove away without saying another word."
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Amy was still in the loft pacing with her hand on her forehead and another on her hip trying to find out how he knew she was pregnant.
Ty walked in and she stared at him.
"Dinners ready. Your plate is getting cold."
"Okay. Yea. I'll be right there."
"What was Chad doing here?"
"He wanted to ask me about something."
"About what?"
"He was wondering if I could work with Zeus."
"Oh. Ok."
Ty turned around and walked back to the house.
Amy finally decided to walk back to the house and sat down at the table.
"So Amy. What was Chad doing here?" Asked Lou.
"Yea. What was Chad doing here?" Asked Tim really annoyed.
"Just about business."
Amy dug into her steak and potatoes. The dinner table was silent almost all through out dinner. When they were all done, Amy pulled Ty aside. She decided it was time to tell Ty about the baby.
They were sitting on the log by the pond and watching the fireflies as the sun set.
"Ty."
"Ya."
"There's something I need to tell you."
He didn't know if she was going to tell him about her and Chad.
"Ok. What is it?"
"I-I'm pregnant."
Ty didn't move. Did he really just hear that? Was it even his?
"How many weeks?"
"12."
He didn't really know what to say.
"That's amazing."
For now he was just going to pretend that it was his and be happy.
They decided to tell the whole family so they walked into the living room and asked if everyone could sit down.
"So. Well. I'm pregnant."
"Ah Amy!" Said Lou.
"Really!" Said Georgie.
Tim could see in Ty's face that he knew about Chad.
When all the excitement settled down, Tim dragged Ty outside.
"You know." Said Tim.
"Know?"
"About Chad."
"Do you know?"
"Yea. And don't worry. She got a parental test and it's yours."
He obviously wasn't going to tell him that he messed with the test to make sure it was Ty's baby.
"Whew. That's a relief."
Ty went back inside and was much happier. He knew he was going to have a little Ty or Amy running around.
Him and Amy served cake and everyone sat around talking about names and outfits and where the heck they were supposed to put the baby.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Chad drove to Maggie's and Soraya was still there. He needed a drink. Or 5. They sat together and talked about how terrible their lives were. They drank 3 bottles of bourbon and laughed all night. Soraya got up to use the bathroom and when she came back, she tripped and accidentally fell on Chad. He grabbed her and kissed her. She kissed him back until she pulled away and hit him with her clutch. She walked out the door and Chad grabbed the napkin and threw the glass over. He was mad and followed her out...
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••