Ginger Snap

A/N: The chapter art is actually a WIP of mine!!!

---------------------------------------------

Chrom
(At football practice)

"Hey Chrom! Heads up!"

I looked up from the turf just as something thunked on the side on my helmet.

Vaike jogged over a plucked the football from the ground. "Chrom, bro, you're supposed to catch the ball," he joked.

"Y-yeah."

"Getcha head outta the clouds before Coach makes you do suicides."

I grimaced, then our coach blew his whistle.

"Get into the weight room," he barked.

I began jogging along with the rest of my team, but was suddenly stopped by the coach.

"32!" I gritted my teeth when I heard Coach say my number. I headed over to him, wondering what my fate would be. 600 push-ups? Suicides? Ugh suicides were TORTURE, hence the name.

Coach cleared his throat. "The principal wants you. Here's your pass."

Well that was unexpected. I took the pass and headed to the office.

~~~

"Yeah, sis?" I said, walking into the Principal's Office.

"Ahem, Principal," Emmeryn corrected, "but anyway, we have a new enrolled student today." Emm gestured to a bored ginger sitting in the small room. "Could you please give him a quick tour of the school then help him find his dorm?"

"Sure."

"His name is Gaius. Here's a copy of his schedule."

"It'll be my honor to welcome a new student," I said proudly.

-----

Lissa
(In Maribelle's dorm)

"Try some of this um," I looked at the label, "'Pilot Blue.'" I tossed the fingernail polish to my best friend in the entire world.

Maribelle caught it with ease. "Pretty color... Stupid name."

I snorted, then remembered something. "So we're getting a special new student today, I think."

Mari brushed the rich blue along her nails. "What is so special about this person?"

"He's a former thief. The kid has a destroyed record. Chrom hasn't seen it yet, but Emm and I did. Every month has at least 2 misdemeanor charges."

"Ugh, we're allowing a criminal into our school?! How did he even get in?!"

"Emm saved him from going to juvie and basically throwing his life away. She offered him a fresh start here. His tuition is covered."

"By who, dear?"

I shrugged. "I dunno."

"What's his name?"

I pondered for a while then recalled the ginger's name.

"Gaius."

~~~~~

Chrom

"... And here's the music hall," I pointed out, "well, more like halls because there are a lot of them." I laughed awkwardly only to be met with indifference. "Heeehhh... Alrighty then..."

During this entire tour, Gaius hadn't said one word or made any expressions. The result was me becoming irritated.

We walked on, stopping in front of another door.