Buns and Sugar

Stahl
(In the cafeteria)

"I don't want to do this..." I said.

"Come on, I thought that you loved cake," Gaius whined.

"I do... buuuuuut I don't want to make you cry when you lose."

He chuckled. "Pffff you think that you're going to win?! You make me laugh."

I glared at the ginger boy. "You don't know what I'm capable of," I sneered.

Lissa sighed. "Are you two done with the "trash talk" yet?!"

Gaius and I nodded.

Lissa grinned. "Ok then! On your marks... Get set... Go!"

I grabbed two cupcakes off of the plate and shoved one into my mouth. I felt icing on my nose and cheeks. Ignoring my silly appearance, I continued to systematically eat the cupcakes, one by one.

I heard the cheering of Nowi, Robyn, Robin, and the laughter of Chrom and even Lon'qu. But I focused on the plate of cupcakes, determined to win.

"Ohhh my!" Lissa said in a sports announcer voice, "Gaius is looking sicker than a zombie!"

"Than a dog?" Chrom questioned.

"Than a zombie, like I said."

I tried to block out the commentary and noticed that I only had 2 cupcakes left. Yes I was almost done!!

The cheering became louder! My heart was beating faster! I was nearly done! Yes yes yes-

"Stop!" Gaius groaned.

I looked up at Gaius' face across the table. He leaned his face against his hand, like he had a headache.

"I give up."

The table roared with cheers and I grinned from ear to ear.

"Good...game," Gaius managed to say. He breathed heavily and excused himself from the table. Poor guy, I hope he doesn't drown by crying about his loss in the bathroom...

Everyone gave me a high five and Chrom left to go check on Gaius.

Lissa and Robyn snapped pictures of my icing covered face while giggling.

"And what does our winner plan to do now?" Lissa asked, holding an imaginary microphone up to my face.

I thought about a response for a few seconds before my eyes landed on the food contest plate. I knew exactly what I wanted to do! "I'm going to savor these last two cupcakes since I'm not being timed! Why not finish what I already started, amirite?!"

Everyone's face twisted into looks of disgust.

............ Was it something I said?

-----

Miriel
(In English class)

I scowled at the blond sitting in front of me. How could I be paired with Vaike?! Sure he was a hard worker, but he was so incompetent.