Part Two: Lily

Chapter Four

When I get home I start to walk up the stairs when I'm stopped by Friday with a smile on her face. She tells me she "has something to show me" but I don't feel like talking so I run up stairs with out saying anything to her. After I gather my thoughts I go to Friday's room to find her studying. "You wanted to show me something?" I ask. "Yes!" She answers. I sit on her bed and she passes me a note. I read it. I can't believe it! Since Friday's been at this her high school she's gotten mean notes, but this one was different. We talk about it for a long time and in the end I tell her about Hannah. After silence enters the room we both go down stairs for chicken and corn soup that mum had just made for dinner.

When I wake up the next morning and get out of, and make my bed I run over to my where my calendar hangs. I read out loud "22nd, 23rd" then when I reach the 24th in little letters it reads "Claire coming over 11:30" I jump with joy. I haven't seen or spoken to Claire since I was in her class which was two years ago, after that year she moved to the centre of the city with her mum. Claire's a year older than me but that didn't stop us being friends.

I walk over to the stairs passing Friday's room where she is eating chocolate pancakes while getting dressed. I meet mum in the kitchen cooking my last pancake. Mum gives me my 3 massive pancakes and a glass of orange juice. After I eat all of it I brush my teeth and turn on the television. I flick the channels until I find a good show. "Hello? Cleo?" I tell mum that Claire is her as I turn of the television. I skip over to the front door to find and tall girl and her mum.