Part 1: Friday

Chapter Nine

On the bus home I sit in my usual spot. Everything is normal as normal. Nobody is being mean to me or behind my back. When I look up from my knees everything changes. I see lots of Kate's friends whispering to each other and when I look at them they look away as if they weren't looking at me in the first place. I pretended not to notice and be hurt be it but I am. By the third stop I got off. I couldn't stand it. When I got off I waited until the bus turned the next corner and then walked slowly kicking pebbles. I rerun what had just happened on the bus in my head. Paper planes flew into and past my head. The bus driver was yelling for everyone to sit down and be quiet but nobody could hear it because they were so loud.

By the time I get home I'm really hurt. As I walk past the kitchen mum comes out. "Where have you been? You were meant to be home half an hour ago." Mum says in an angry tone. "I got court up," I lie. I walk up stairs ignoring everything mum says. When I reach the top of the stairs I don't go looking for Lily I just walk straight into my room. I pull out my homework and do as much as I can. Maths, science, literacy and art homework was done when I went into Lily's room. She wasn't there so I just lay on her bed waiting for her.

When I wake up I relies it's morning and I was sleeping in Lily's bed. When Mum comes in she finds me not Lily. "Where's Lily?" Mum asks. "Don't know, maybe she's in my bed, can I please stay home I don't feel well," I exaggerate. I'm tied and I don't feel like going too school but I'm not sick. Mum reaches for my forehead. Her cold hands touch my warm head. "I think that would be a good idea," Mum suggests. "Ok," I say. "But I don't want to stop you from going to work, so can I stay home by myself all day?" I ask. "Sure," Mum says. When she leaves the room I get out of bed and grab my computer. Then I get back into my bedroom and get into my bed and I-am Mary.

Loner427: Im staying home 2day, can U I-am during school?

Two minuets later Mary I-ams back.

Puplover9410: U can I-am me between 10-10:15, 11-11:15, 12-12:15, 1-1:15 and 2-2:15. We aren't meant 2 but I wont tell anyone. Luv U. Xx
Loner427: Thanks. Xx

I I-am'ed Mary every chance I got and she always answered back. I slept, read or ate every spare moment I got. When I I-am'ed her I told her about the dream I had and she told me about how mean Stephanie was becoming. Stephanie was our old third person to our threesome before I moved away. I got through The Red Elephant and Autumn, which were the books I was reading. I also studied for 'today's' science test. I read all of the reading and writing strategies when writing persuasive text. When Lily got home she sat with me and told me about her exiting day. "I never knew that having chicken pox would be so exiting!" Lily said with joy. "So weird!" I said back.