Chapter 9

A/N It has been more than a year since i updated this story, but since i still get people asking me if i can update it i thought i'd give it a try. I think i will wrap this story up in a matter of 3 chapters or more because I'm not sure what else to do with this story. If you have any suggestions about how to continue this story. Do tell me will you :)

Arizona sat on the couch reading the newspaper when Sofia hopped in " Mommy?" she asked still jumping " Do i still have to go to daycare today? it's so hot" whined Sofia while smiling sweetly " Yes Soof, mommy doesn't have to work long today, only until 6 pm then you and i are going to have a nice little dinner okay?" smiled Arizona.  " And momma?" asked Sofia, " Momma has a night shift" sighed Arizona. 

Arizona & Callie got in the car and drove to the hospital " Doesn't your shift only start at 6pm ?" asked Arizona while Callie started the engine. " i swapped with Micheals so we both get off at 6.'' smiled Callie as she squeezed Arizona's thigh. '' How about we go out for dinner tonight. We can ask if Meredith wants to watch Sofia'' suggested Callie, as she stopped the car at the hospital. '' I'd like that'' smiled Arizona, as she grabbed her bag. Both women walked into the hospital, Callie grabbed Arizona's hand as they walked up to the attending lounge. '' You have any exciting surgeries today?'' asked Callie as she changed into her navy blue scrubs. '' No not really, a bowel repair and a tumor removal '' replied Arizona as she too changed into her scrubs. '' You?'' she added as she looked up. '' few hip replacements, a hernia repair. Nothing exciting'' shrugged Callie. '' Meredith!'' exclaimed Callie, as she saw that Meredith entered the attending lounge.  '' That is me'' stated Meredith, as she turned around. '' Could you watch Sofia tonight? '' she asked. '' Sure no problem'' nodded Meredith, as she grabbed her ID badge. '' Awesome thanks. I'll tell Louise from daycare that you are picking her up'' smiled Callie. 

Their working day went by quickly due to the amount of surgeries they both had to perform, so at 6 PM they met each other while changing out of their scrubs. '' Where are we going to eat?'' asked Arizona as she grabbed her bag and watched Callie change. '' That new restaurant, around the corner'' replied Callie, as she pulled her hair out of her pony tail.  They walked out of the hospital, got in their car and drove towards the restaurant. It was just a 5 minute ride. 

They got led towards their table, and were handed menu's. Arizona couldn't help but notice Callie looking slightly nervous. '' Is something up?'' asked Arizona after Callie looked at her watch for the 3rd that minute. '' No? why are you asking?'' asked Callie, '' Hmm'' was the only response that Arizona gave. They both ordered a steak, and a red wine. '' Well, this seems as good a time as any'' started Callie, '' I love you, I have loved you since the day we met. Now we just survived this rough patch in our relationship, so I have a question for you'' continued Callie. '' I know we have been married for quite a while now, but I think to completely put the past behind us we you know could marry again. Mostly because we can now legally get married'' she continued. '' So Arizona Robbins, Will you marry me .... again?'' asked Callie as she slowly sank down on one knee. Arizona had tears rolling down her cheek as she watched from Callie to the ring Callie was holding in the red box. '' I will! of course I will'' exclaimed Arizona as she wrapped her arms around Callie, and placed soft kisses all over her face. Once they broke apart, the entire restaurant started to applaud, and the waiter even put little decoration on their steaks to make their meal even better. '' I love you Calliope Iphegenia Torres'' whispered Arizona, as she played with the new ring on her finger. '' I actually bought you a gift too, not as big as a new engagement but..'' chuckled Arizona as she handed Callie a small black box.  Callie carefully opened the box, only to see a beautiful small silver necklace with an heart on it. '' It's amazing'' whispered Callie, as she carefully caressed it with her thumb. '' Thank you'' she said as she placed a kiss on Arizona's cheek. '' I'm glad everything is back to normal again'' smiled Callie, she was just about to kiss Arizona when her phone rang. ''Callie Torres'' she said as she picked up. '' Callie? It's me Meredith. Something happened to Sofia, Arizona and you should get to the hospital quickly'' said Meredith, '' What happened?'' asked Callie, her voice broke. '' Come quick, We'll tell you when you get here'' sighed Meredith. Callie hung up, and told Arizona what was up.

They arrived at the hospital and rushed towards the ER. '' Meredith! Meredith what's wrong with her?'' exclaimed Callie as she rushed over to Meredith. '' A bookcase fell over at daycare, on top of her and another kid'' said Meredith as she turned around to face Callie and Arizona. '' She seems to be having some internal bleeding. We have not seen if she has any brain bleeds'' sighed Meredith as she placed her hand on Callie's shaking arm. '' She's coding'' shouted Miranda Bailey suddenly, everything that happened next went by unnoticed for Callie and Arizona. They only had eyes for their daughter, and fought hard when they were getting pushed out of the room by an intern. 

Callie listened as she heard people hurrying around her daughter, Arizona cautiously wrapped her arms around Callie, as both of them had silent tears running down their cheeks.