Prologue

Evie's POV
It was a late summer day on the Isle of the Lost. The sun was setting, the day was turning night, but that didn't stop troublemaking Evie from having fun. She left her small house and went exploring. Mal, her best friend, soon caught up with her.

"Hey, Evie. Up to no good again?"

"You know it. Today, I'm going to try out that stealing thing Jay always talks about."

Mal smirked. "I'll join you."

Evie and Mal found a broken-down store and went inside. They found plenty of old but useful trinkets. The two girls stashed a bag with the things and they went to Jay's.

Upon hearing the door, Jay met up with the girls. "Hey Mal. Evie"

"Hey." They said in unison.

"So we decided to try that stealing thing you do, and it worked out pretty well" Evie explained as Mal dumped the contents of the bag on Jay's wooden table.

"Woah! Cool!" Jay exclaimed while looking over the items. He looked at Evie, who was busy primping herself. His heart skipped two beats and he blushed intensely.

He had a secret crush on Evie but he would die if she found out.

"So, Jay" Mal spoke up.

"Yeah?"

"I have to go. C'mon Evie let's go"

"Okay. Bye Jay" Evie smiled at Jay and left with Mal.

The next day...

Mal's mother, Maleficent, called Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos for a special meeting.

"You four have been chosen to go a different school, in Auradon" She said.

"What?!" Mal spit out.

"Yeah, I don't do uniforms" Jay said.

"And I heard they allow dogs!" Carlos shrieked.

"You're not just gonna see me doing curtsies" Mal protested.

After a few minutes, they were finally convinced and going to Auradon...