Chapter 4

Evie's POV:

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Jay suddenly asked.

I looked away and thought "What should I say? I really think he's a great guy and all, but I don't want to be heartbroken like with Chad and Doug."

"Um... Can I think about it?"

Jay frowned but then smiled. "Sure."

After that, we spent an hour just talking about school and what our parents were up to.

Jay walked me to my dorm and said goodnight. I had a lot to think about.

The next morning...

I woke up to Mal hitting me in the face with a pillow. "Five more minutes, Mom.." I groaned.

"EVIE! Wake up!!" She yelled.

I got up and looked at Mal.

"What do you want?" I said groggily.

"It's like your mind got erased..." She looked at me sheepishly. "Again."

"What happened?"

"You really don't know..." She stared at me in disbelief.

"Don't know what?" I demanded.

Mal sighed and sat down next to me. "It's Jay. He's been... Hurt."

"WHAT? WHY? WHO HURT HIM?!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Mal winced and looked away. "It was... Chad and Doug. They wanted revenge on Jay for stealing you from them."

"But they didn't want me in the first place! Remember? You erased my memory so that I would forget Chad asked me out, so I said yes to Doug, and then they both got mad!" I freaked out.

"Relax Evie. They left a note."  She looked at me.

"Give it to me! Please"

Mal gave me a crumpled up piece of paper.

Dear Evie,

We hurt your little Jay. I hope you learned your lesson about flirting and love. If you try to save him, we will try to hurt you. Goodbye, muahahahahaha!

From,
Chad and Doug

I finished reading the note as a tear ran down my face. No matter what they said, I had to save him. I was going to help Jay.

To be continued....