Chapter 15

Jay's POV

"AUDREY?!" I shrieked before realizing that Evie was still sleeping. I turned around and she was still fast asleep.

"Um, yes...?" Carlos said hesitantly.

"I'm going to go talk to her," I started. "If Evie wakes up, tell her that I had to go on an errand."

Carlos barely got enough time to open his mouth to speak, because I left without waiting for a response.

I went to her dorm and it was empty. When I was walking, I heard voices coming from Chad's dorm.

"Okay Jane, are you ready to cast the spell that will make Mal think Evie's a bad person?" It was Audrey's voice.

My eyes widened and I ran to the dorm. I ripped open the door and saw Jane cast the spell.

"NO! STOP!" I yelled as Jane finished the spell. It was too late.

Everyone turned around to see me and Audrey glared.

"What's wrong with you?" She asked sassily.

"What do you mean what's wrong with me? You're trying to make Mal hate Evie. How could you? What did Evie do to you?" I ranted.

Doug and Chad looked down red in the face.

"Huh? What did she do?" I was really getting mad and impatient now.

"She broke our hearts!! And why do you care anyways?" Chad yelled.

"Because 1. Evie and Mal are best friends and they shouldn't be separated, 2. It's not right to do this, and 3. Evie's my girlfriend!"

Chad rolled his eyes in disgust but Doug's face paled.

"You're her boyfriend? How?" Doug spoke quietly.

"I comforted her after you two yelled at her! If you two hadn't tried to ask her out, this wouldn't have happened! This is all your fault Audrey!"

"My fault? How?" She asked innocently.

"Don't play games with me. I know what you did. You broke up with Chad, causing him to ask Evie out."

Doug's eyes widened. "So if you hadn't broken up with him, and I asked out Evie, she would've said yes and we would've been dating?"

I gave Doug a look that said "Really?"

Audrey thought about what he said. "Umm... Yes?"

Doug suddenly smiled and looked at the ground.

Chad spoke up. "That's not what matters! What matters is that Jane cast the spell and now Mal hates Evie." He smirked.

I went to Chad, slapped him, and then slapped Audrey. I left the room.

Evie's POV

When I woke up from my sleep, I couldn't see Jay. I just heard Carlos playing his video games. Loudly.

"Carlos can you turn it down a bit?" I covered my ears.

"Evie! You're awake!" He paused his game and sat at the foot of the bed.

"Yeah why? Where's Jay?"

"He's off on an errand."

"Okay. Where's Mal?" I looked around, but there was no sight of my friend.

"She's, well, I wouldn't know. She hates me."

"Why?"

"Because, well, I actually don't know. She called me a traitor."

I sat up. Mal wouldn't hate Carlos. Enemies maybe, but Carlos, no. Something's going on...