The walk

🍴Liam's POV🍴 I become annoyed with the peasant. "Liam,let's ask someone nicer." Niall whispers tugging on my arm. I nod and follow Niall the the reception desk. Niall tells her the information. "She's back in her regular room loves." She says. Niall thanks her and pulls me to her room. Before we walk in Niall stops me. "You really like her?" He asks. I nod,"Yes." He lets me go and we walk in. The dark haired girl that was there yesterday is sitting in the corner in the chair. Adalynn is sitting with her legs hanging off the bed trying to see what the weight feels like. Niall coughs and she looks up. Adalynn blushes and sits up straight. "Hey guys! This is Hannah. She's my friend." Adalynn says looking at the girl in the corner. Hannah gets up and walks towards us. She shakes my hand and then Niall's. I sit next to Adalynn. "Don't do this to yourself." I say squeezing her shoulders. Adalynn nods. "Will you take me for a walk?" She asks. I'm puzzled by this question. "Ask the nice receptionist,Linda, if you can have a wheel chair so you can take me on a walk outside." She says. I nod and go ask Linda,the receptionist. I come back with the wheel chair. I look at Adalynns face. She looks sad,I wish I could make her better. I help her into the wheel chair. We head into the elevator and exit the hospital. Ada takes a deep breath. "You look stunning today." I say. She rolls her eyes. "Please. In this? I'm wearing sweatpants and a loose T-shirt." I laugh. We walk all the way to the park,two blocks from the hospital. I sit on a bench as I move the wheel chair next to me. "Liam,you don't have to do this." She says sighing. I know exactly what she's talking about. "Ada,I'm not doing this for you or anyone else. Now be quiet and look at the lake. Stop bumming me out." I command firmly. I think about what I said. I look back at her. She doesn't look upset about what I said. Adalynn notices me looking at her. She tries to push herself up. I jump up to steady her weak body. Adalynn falls into my chest. She sighs and starts to cry. I hold her tightly not wanting to let go. I rub her back trying to soothe her. "It's okay babe." I whisper. She looks up at me with her perfect brown eyes. She kisses my neck and nuzzles her head into it. "Let's go back." I say. She nods and I help her back into the wheel chair.