Chapter 4

(Joyce POV)
  Me and Max decided that California was the best place to go and start a new life! I found out the Max can turned into any size, so right now he is like a baby puppy in my back pack and I'm running with my power.

We are in Missouri right now, we still have 4 more state to go through till California. It was 2 at night right now and we stop at a hotel to sleep at. Oh god, I'm running out of money soon. I was walking to my room when I ran into someone.

"Oh I'm so sorry!" I said looking up. He smiled at me.

"It's fine, a cute girl like you can bump into me anytime." He said I think he just realized what he said because he's eyes widen and he hit he's head. Haha he's cute! But something feels weird.

" I d-didn't m-mean t-that... I'm sorry" he stuttered.

"It's okay I ran into you!" I laughed. He looked at me and i stared at him for a while. He's face dropped a little..?

"Your... Eyes.. They just changed..?" He said more as a question. Oh shit!

"O-oh I have to g-go! I'm s-sorry!" I said and I run into my room and locked it. I had my back to the door and I slid down it. Max hopped out of my book bag and came to me, he sat right next to me so I started to pet him.

"Why do I have these weird powers?" I started to cry. Soon I got up and saw that the door was frozen. I looked down and cried more.

"Hey it's okay" Max said. Now he was as tall as me and I hugged him. I stop and began to think. What if I can melt the ice off the door?! I have fire powers that's what happened with Dallas's phone!

"Step back Max!" I said. Next thing I looked at the door and lifted my hand to the door. The ice started to melt but I saw my hands getting red again and my hair. I took my other hand and all the water that melted was in a ball. I brought the water ball to me and looked at Max. I smirked at him.

"Ready?! Fetch Max!!!" I said and through the water ball. He jumped and opened he's mouth catching that water ball. I stop and looked down at my hands .

" THAT WAS SO COOL!!!!" I said jumping in and down. Max was at he's normal size now and jumping with me. But we stop because I heard a knock at the door. I was about to open the door but I got a weird feeling, my powers felt weird! Like there was another type was power with me here. I then slowly opened the door and it was the guy from before.

"Come with me" he said.