Chapter 1

(Joyce POV)
    I unlocked the door to my hotel room, I've lived here every since my mother passed away. I don't dare live with my father, I'm the complete opposite of him! He's the devil... Yes, my father is the devil! I was more like my mother she was lovely and amazing! I wish she was still here. I remember her long blonde hair just like mine, we would always sing together and watch are hair light up! I felt something wet hit my hand. I didn't realize I was crying at the moment. I looked down and saw my watch, Oh shit, I have to get to work.

   I ran into the room and changed into my work clothes for Starbucks. Ugh yes, I work at Starbucks but it's funny because I don't really like coffee!Anyways...  I fixed my makeup and hair, I got my keys and left for the door locking it behind me!

The advantage of having these powers really help! I made sure no one was looking and I turned invisible! Because I don't have a car I used my other power to run as fast as a could to work! Starbucks was about three miles away but it just took me half a minute!

I went behind the building and stopped my powers. Now I was back to normal. I walked in and got my apron, ready to work! I put my hat on and got to the front where I switched off with Lana, her shift was over.

It was a rainy Wednesday night so some people would be in here after school. My mother always had me with online school so I never really went to a school but everyone knew everyone here!

"Hi, welcome to Starbucks! What can I get ya'll" I said. When I looked up I saw a group of girls and I knew all of them. Trust me everyone knew them. You can say they are the "mean girls."

"Oh, aww girls look it's little Joyce all ready for work!" Amber said

"Aww guys I heard her mother left her because she was a pain!" Stephanie said. Ugh that's not true! Calm down Joyce! Just don't look at them!

"Aww Joyce look" Dallas paused and leaned onto the counter " why don't you just kill yourself?  You are a nobody here!" She said. Her and her group laughed at me. I look over that the reflection and I saw my eyes turning a dark, sad blue.

"Do you guys just want your usual?" I asked shyly.

"Duh! And make it fast" Dallas said. I went and made their drinks fast but when I got it back to the counter I accidentally spilled it. It was about to fly all over them and before I could think lifted my hand up and the coffee all froze!

"Oh shit.." I muttered to myself.
And before anything else happened I knew I had to leave this town for good now! I was always thinking about leaving, but I know I am. Tonight!