Chapter 3

I woke up to the sound of sniffing and my hair being moved. I opened my eyes and looked around and sat up.

"Hi" I heard a little sound. I looked around but didn't see anyone, I got up to get a better look. Still no one...? Weird

"Down here" my eyes widen and I slowly looked down. A fox?! WAIT! IT JUST TALKED!!!

"OMG" I jumped. "YOU CAN TALK?" I was shocked, surprised, and very confused!

"Yes I can" he said with a little smile. I backed up to a tree and slid down.

"Wait how can I hear you? Am I dreaming??" I said many more questions. This is so confusing!
He came over to me and went under my hand so I could pet him. I hesitated at first but he was cute!

"You have the power to talk to animals Joyce! When you were about to pass out your eyes changed. They were a scared purple color then they turned full white." He said. Wow I'm talking with a fox right now! Can my life get any weirder!

"I know you are leaving this town and I want to come with you to protect you! I'll be your spirit animal." He said sitting up tall! Awww he's so cute!

"Aha that's cute but how will you protect me? Your just a little cub!" I laughed. Next thing happened I was so surprised. He walk in front of me and he grew almost 10 times bigger than he was before! I stood up impressed. I folded in my arms and smirk. He growled showing he's teeth.

"Do you really wanna come with?!" I asked with a smile. He quickly shrunk back to his normal form and wag his tail!

"Oh please please please!!!!!!" He said jumping on me and running in a circle around me.

"Okay okay!!" I said and squatted next to him petting his head. " but we need a name for you! What would you want to be called?!"

"Max!" He said happily.