9

((a/n;; literally i am an idiot and i wrote all this ahead, but this is so much like paper towns by john green. [good book btw check it out] im sorry i didnt mean to but i also dont feel like making a whole new story. so ya))

when they got to petes house, tyler quickly climbed up to the roof of his porch motioning for josh to come up. and after a few minutes of persuasion josh climbed up, rather loudly.

"look, joshie boy, if youre in this you have got to find some way to be quiet. ok?"

"ok" was all he got back.josh didnt even know what was happening, he was assuming this was tylers house.

tyler pulled off his backpack and pulled out his pocket knife. when he got in front of petes window he carefully slid the knife in between the two pieces of glass. slowly he unlocked the window and opened it.

"that was sick man!" josh whispered, but loud enough it shouldnt have been whispering.

"shhh!" he said and quietly placed my foot on the floor of petes room, thanking god when he felt that it was carpet.

he motioned for josh to come in and josh sure did, by hitting his head on the window.

"shhhhh!" tyler scolded him, looking at petes sleeping figure. pete was still asleep so tyler motioned to josh to stay there.

tyler went to petes closet and pulled his weed plants out and set them on petes desk. then he took the extra stash of weed and pushed it in his book bag along with the cigarettes, tyler will smoke that later.

then he got out the spray paint. "josh, come here." tyler whispered very quietly. josh tiptoed towards him. tyler put the red and blue cans behind his back and twisted them around. "pick, right or left?"

"left" josh whispered, he got the blue one.

"now quickly, shake it up and put a line down the door then quickly and quietly go out the window."

josh nodded and did as tyler said. tyler did the same with the black and red cans. it came out as a lopsided H and tyler pushed everything back into his bag as pete started waking up. tyler pushed josh out the window and went out quickly after him.

not bothering to shut the window tyler jumped of the small roof and landed the fall. josh tried to do the same, but he ended up face planting.

tyler pulled him behind the nearest bush, "give me your phone"

"why, what the hell was all that for? what are you doing?" josh questioned.

"give me your phone. youll see."

josh handed over his phone and tyler quickly entered the 10 digits and waited for the phone to ring.

ring

tyler looked at josh.

ring

josh grabbed tylers hand.

ring

tyler looked back to the house.

ri- click.

"hello? who is this? its midnight!" it was petes mom.

tyler spoke with a fake country accent "ma'am, i just thought you would like to know that your son is growing weed in his room"

"wha-"

"if you dont believe me, just check." after a pause tyler hung up.

he looked back at josh who was watching the house with furrowed brows.

"three." tyler said.

the lights came on in petes parents room.

"two"

petes light was turned on.

"one"

plenty of shouting was heard, mostly from petes mom.

i grabbed josh and ran, figuring petes dad would call the cops for his sons weed incident we should get out of there.

"that was sICK" josh said when we slowed down."

"that was pretty cool."

"but why pete?"

"a lot of reasons."

"weve got to do that more often."

"where do you think were going right now?"