Picnic

Chapter Twelve

"Are we having a picnic?" I asked, utterly surprised, my mouth hanged wide open I was pretty sure I looked like an idiot.

I was having a picnic with beau fucking brooks!

Beau glanced up while laying the picnic mat on the ground, his cheeks turning bright red.

"Why can't we have a picnic? Is it illegal?" He asked, annoyed.

"N..no, it's just. You're Beau." I answered lamely, mentally slapping myself. Thank goodness Beau didn't seem to have heard my reply.

I looked around the park. It was a sunny day but Beau chose a shady spot under a huge tree and I could see the beautiful fountain from here.

"Are you hungry?" Beau asked all of a sudden.

As if on cue, my stomach started growling like a monster. I started blushing furiously. Ugh! This was so embarrassing!

"I guess that's a yes. Well, I prepared some food." Beau said smugly.

"YOU PREPARED FOOD?!" I asked, my voice a few octaves higher than usual.

"Um yes, why do you find everything that I do so surprising?" Beau rolled his eyes.

I started giggling at the sight of the food he had prepared. Nutella was messily spread on the bread and cheese were falling out of some slices of bread. They looked really 'edible'.

"Fine! Don't eat them!" Beau snapped.

"I want to eat them, I'm starving.." I whined.

I took the bread with Nutella spread on it and it tasted okay except it just looked really disgusting. A goofy grin started spreading across my face.

"What are you smiling about?" Beau asked softly.

"Well I'm still can't believe that we're having a picnic and you actually prepared food." I replied cheerfully. Picnics were my favourite thing in the world.

"What can I say, you're the type of girl that I'd make a sandwich for." He replied with a wink.

I started blushing like a tomato as Beau starting caressing my cheeks.

"I gotta go get something from the car, you wait here for me alright?" Beau asked.

I nodded as he walked away.

After a few minutes, I heard someone calling my name. I turned around and saw a familiar looking guy with blond hair running towards me.

"Tom!" The blond guy greeted.

"Leo! You're back!" I cheered, hugging him excitedly.

"Yeah, I got off the plane a few hours ago. I missed you." Leo replied, wrapping his arm around my waist.

Leo and I have been best friends since we were born and he went to America to stay with his mum a couple of years ago after his parents divorced. He has changed so much I almost couldn't recognize him. He was a little more muscly and tanned than when I last saw him.

"So are you having a picnic alone or what?" Leo asked, amused.

"No, she's with me." Beau said abruptly. I didn't even realize that he was back.

"Who's he?" Leo nudged me.

"He my-" I started to reply and before I could finish my sentence, Beau finished it for me with "boyfriend".

"What? No! We're not." I started waving my arms around wildly.

"Don't be shy Tom. Oh sorry she's just a little shy because we've only started dating recently." Beau said sweetly like he had just drank a pool of honey.

"Oh well I should go now, I wouldn't want to interrupt your date! Bye Tom! I'll text you." Leo turned around before I could say anything else.

I started glaring at Beau after Leo had left.

"What?" Beau said while chewing on a sandwich.

"You're so annoying!!!!!" I screamed out in exasperation, gaining a few stares from people who were passing by.

"Shh baby, don't get your panties in a knot." Beau whispered putting his index finger on my lips.

I was really annoyed with Beau but when he called me 'baby', I gotta admit that he made me a little calmer and my heart was racing.

"Mummy look they're getting married!" A little boy shouted, pointing at Beau and I.

I started blushing like a tomato as Beau started grinning like a child.

The little boy's mum quickly shushed him and smiled at us apologetically.

"Aw Tom, we look perfect together." Beau said, entwining our fingers.

"I...uh.." I stuttered, feeling my cheeks tingle with heat.

"I got you a little something." Beau murmured, reaching for something in his pocket.

My heart pounded against my chest as Beau held up a blue rectangular box.

He opened it and it was a beautiful necklace with a heart shape pendant decorated with blue beads.

"Oh my gosh Beau you didn't have to..." I said.

"Well when I get rich and famous I'd buy you the real thing but now we'll just have to make do with beads. Wanna put it on?" Beau asked with a cheeky grin.

"Yes..." I whispered.

When Beau was done, I took the pendant in my hands.

"Thanks so much Beau." I said appreciatively.

"Anything for you baby girl." He replied with a wink.

Oh Beau you'd be the death of me.

❁        ❁            ❁              ❁

Chapter 12 <3 Please vote if you liked it :)

-Cassandra